When the lockdown ends list out what will happen and why

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moonloops

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W204 C350 CDI AMG Sport
1. Lots of car crashes - as everyone has forgotten how to drive.
2. Less incest - obvious really :D
3. Actually speaking to your neighbours - as you need to borrow the industrial grass cutter.

over to thee..

When lockdown ends we'll be driving across Europe to Espania' for rest and recuperation for a few months but probably not before Sept /October, can't see us going before, it's too hot in July and August, should have been there next month but for lockdown, so, something to look forward to.Bring it On. What will happen in UK? In a word Penury for a few years I'd say, 🙁

Assuming things take until Autumn to fully rectify, which I suspect maybe a realistic timing, that won't be very far off,
subject to weather, departing these shores during winter to the ever sunny vacation home, the current tenants being due to depart in October or November, must check on that, thanks.

Hi,
Do you want the Optimistic scenario or the Pessimistic (and more realistic one!)

Optimistic scenario:-
Life slowly gets back to some normality, we get some holidays, start working again (if we still have jobs or businesses to run), we got to pubs, cafes and restaurants and gradually begin to get over and start to forget the traumas of these strange times.

Pessimistic scenario
As above - except come October/November - at the start of the seasonal flu season, we will start to see COVID-19 cases rise again but this second wave will be more intense than the first wave.
Hopefully, by then, hospitals will have better supplies of PPE, enough drugs and ventilators to treat these higher numbers of patients and by then we should have even better ideas on the best treatments to prevent deaths in ICU and the need to ventilate patients (as this has generally worse outcomes than less invasive treatment)
The 1918 flu pandemic came in two waves - the second wave was more severe and killed far more people than the first wave.

Cheers
Steve

One thing is a year without your normal 2 weeks holiday . After this i dont think companys will let you have another holiday this year .

What will happen? I'll go back to work.
Why? Cos I need the money.....

hospitals will have better supplies of PPE, enough drugs and ventilators to treat these higher numbers of patients and by then we should have even better ideas on the best treatments to prevent deaths in ICU and the need to ventilate patients (as this has generally worse outcomes than less invasive treatment)
The 1918 flu pandemic came in two waves - the second wave was more severe and killed far more people than the first wave.
Cheers
Steve

Unfortunately I think your option 2 is more likely;
the only potential problem being, politicians rarely seem to learn from prior mistakes,
a prime example being the new, now 10 year tide of credit many people regard as being normal - that didn't end very well in 2008 for many and won't again, now.

"Coronavirus: Social restrictions 'to remain for rest of year"
The UK will have to live with some disruptive social measures for at least the rest of the year, the government's chief medical adviser has said.
Prof Chris Whitty said it was "wholly unrealistic" to expect life would suddenly return to normal soon.
He said "in the long run" the ideal way out would be via a "highly effective vaccine" or drugs to treat the disease.
But he warned that the chance of having those within the next calendar year was "incredibly small".

Without a vaccine, unless all COVID19 carriers are removed from society, and strictly enforced quarantine on anyone entering the country, we are all going to be hostage to this unfortunately. The only other alternative is trying to have some semblance of normality and accept the risks that you might catch it and end up dead, or give it to someone else who may end up dead. Not an easy choice is it.

Without a vaccine, unless all COVID19 carriers are removed from society, and strictly enforced quarantine on anyone entering the country, we are all going to be hostage to this unfortunately. The only other alternative is trying to have some semblance of normality and accept the risks that you might catch it and end up dead, or give it to someone else who may end up dead. Not an easy choice is it.

A vaccine, or just a simple treatment that works and stops people from dying from COVID-19.

Lockdown till mid-end of May where life will slowly return to normal over the next few months, the big question is what will happen with large gathering venues such as pubs, clubs, restaurants, cinema`s etc.

The UK will either enter into a historically crippling recession or the economy will explode back into life, just imagine what would happen the day all the pubs & clubs open?

Either way, the government will be seeking ways to recover the funds its spent on the pandemic costs, NHS, 80% salary payouts, self employed bail outs, maybe to the tune of £500 billion ?? Tax hikes, new taxes, stealth taxes galore is what we should expect, oh and fuel, fuel cost will go through the roof.

REMOVED -

You must know the rules on politics by now!

When this is over, I shall return to my local and see how much of a barrel of Old Hooky I can manage before I fall over

I just hope our favourite pub on Romney Marshes will survive, it's a small free house with excellent beer and food as well as friendly locals who now know us, but due to its size and layout, social distancing would be difficult. Doom Bar from a bottle is better than nothing, but not the same as from the barrel!

Will Ladbrokes pay out on my bet that Liverpool would win the championship..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom