when where the w211 facelifted and what was changed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cejsmith

Car
E300 estate
I've just been to look at a 05 E280 and I was wondering if it was a facelifted model. Also what did they do in the face lift???

On the exterior:

New front end:
Headlights
Grill
Bonnet
Bumper
Wing Mirrors
The rear:
Taillights
High level brakelight
Bootlid
Bumper

dsc_0001.jpg

MERCEDESBENZE-Klasse-medium-334_7.jpg

ts

b04b3d203589f14db68edb281893_grande.jpg

Last edited:
they also changed some of the electrics, but they seem to do this every few months!

I've just been to look at a 05 E280 and I was wondering if it was a facelifted model. Also what did they do in the face lift???

Most significant technical change was probably the brakes - pre-facelift has brake-by-wire SBC whereas the post facelift has a more conventional setup with frills.

Externally the boot lid chrome strip, front bumper detail, and foglight trim are the most noticable changes.

The E220 got more power around the time of the facelift as well.

June 2006 to be more precise, according to WIS. I have a July 2006-built facelift car.

So any car on a 55-plate or earlier will be pre-facelift (excepting personal plates, of course). 06 could be either, 56 likely to be facelift, 07 onwards virtually certain to be facelift - although there's nothing to stop dealers registering older cars at any time.

I look at the front fogs and lower grille to quickly tell the difference.

Dryce's comment about the 220CDI is important too, if you're considering one of those. Uprated from 150PS/340Nm to 170PS/400Nm at the facelift.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom