When will the C63 stop being built???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DJM

Car
2015 E63 AMG SALOON :)
Hi everyone.

I'm thinking of buying a C63 saloon :)eek:) although I'm curious to find out when they will stop producing them in their current 6.2 V8 form?
The main reason for asking is that I'm still in a finance deal with my current car and I'm worried about production finishing before I take the plunge...Any thoughts people?
Would I be correct in thinking that they might kit out the final production run with a few extras to help them sell?

Has anyone heard what (if anything) they will be replacing the whopping V8 with?

Cheers, DJM

The way things are going the new AMG's will have a 3 cylinder Nissan engine with quad turbo's :D

72MPG and zero to sixty in 14 seconds :D

Autoexpress said:
Unlike the present car, with its 6.3-litre V8, the new C63 will be powered by a more efficient 5.5-litre twin-turbo V8. It is expected to have the same 518bhp output as the E63 and CLS 63, which also use the newer turbocharged engine. That’s a jump of 67bhp.

That will be some car with the 5.5 twinTurbo engine!

They just don't sound the same with a couple of snails in the exhaust chain though.
BMW had long since gone this route too. I'm actually a big fan all things considered (emissions and consumption), but its just not 'the same' as N/A is it?

Well, if the new C-class is due in mid 2014, than you can expect the AMG version is due around a year later.

So can anyone guess when they will stop taking orders for the current C63 then?

I would much rather have one with the 5.5 bi turbo than the 6.2, but it's personal preference, the new engine is great.

I'd say about a nine month if the new model is to be revealed in January.

Found this online...

From Autocar UK

"Autocar UK reports that the new W205 C63 AMG will not receive the M157 twin turbo V8 found in all the new 63 AMG models. Instead, the new C63 is supposed to get a downsized 4.0 liter V8 with twin turbos. Spyphotos of the W205 C63 AMG testing were accompanied by reports of twin turbo V8 power under the hood but that was thought to be the M157. A V8 with turbos is under the hood, just seemingly not the one we were all thinking.

Autocar claims this new 4.0 liter powerplant is good for 450-600 horsepower depending on the state of tune which certainly makes sense. Mercedes can wait to see what BMW does with the M3 and then simply up the output. Considering that the new M3 will have a fairly small inline-6 motor, Mercedes and AMG will still have it outgunned even with a 4.0 liter V8.

This new motor is set to eventually replace the SLK55's M152 V8. The M152 is not a bad motor but it's a step back from the M156 V8 the C63 currently has. It would seem the M152 was simply a stopgap engine until this new motor came out which shows in its design which is simply the M157 5.5 liter Twin Turbo V8 used currently in the 63 AMG's just without the turbos. That also means without a lot of the fun.

Mercedes could give the C63 the M157. They could even give the SLK the M157. These comparatively lightweight cars in relation to the E, S, SL, etc., with the M157 though would eat everything else in the lineup alive.

This new motor is apparently confirmed in a quote form the LA Auto Show by AMG boss Ola Kallenius, "We’ve already had downsizing to 5.5 and sophisticated direct-injection technology – we’ll see more of that in the future. We’ve already gone down to 5.5 and that's the technological road we’re on."

So a 4.0 liter twin turbo V8 is not as exciting as a 5.5 liter twin turbo V8 but with all wheel drive and a dual clutch transmission it certainly will still have quite a bit of muscle."

Not sure which I would prefer the 4.0 or 5.5.

5.5 is more obvious for the C63 and creates differential with BMW, but I am pretty sure that the new M3 will have a 3.0 anyway.

Nothing will ever beat the M156 in my opinion as the sense of occasion, noise and response are truely stunning, but I like the idea of keeping the same performance but reducing running costs from high mpg and lower CO2.

My lease runs out in May 2015 and I will be first in line for a new C63 if it's anywhere near as good as this one :)

Hi everyone.

I'm thinking of buying a C63 saloon :)eek:) although I'm curious to find out when they will stop producing them in their current 6.2 V8 form?
The main reason for asking is that I'm still in a finance deal with my current car and I'm worried about production finishing before I take the plunge...Any thoughts people?
Would I be correct in thinking that they might kit out the final production run with a few extras to help them sell?

Has anyone heard what (if anything) they will be replacing the whopping V8 with?

Cheers, DJM

Consider how long you will keep the car for?

If like me you can do a 2 year lease it should be perfect timing for the new car.

Also add to the fact that the current lease deals are amazing so you won't have to worry about depreciation having an impact from a new model launch.

Enjoy the last opportunity to drive a car with a truely amazing engine before it's gone forever!!

Great advice Moff...thank you!
and yes, I would go for a 2 year deal I guess...

Consider how long you will keep the car for?

If like me you can do a 2 year lease it should be perfect timing for the new car.

Also add to the fact that the current lease deals are amazing so you won't have to worry about depreciation having an impact from a new model launch.

Enjoy the last opportunity to drive a car with a truely amazing engine before it's gone forever!!

The deals on atm are stonking tbh. I was looking at an M135i and it works out to be about £100 cheaper a month. :wallbash:

DOH!

Sorry guys, i meant the M135i works out to be about £100 cheaper. Well just over £150 now that i've had a look again but you get the idea. Obviously deposit is greater but in the grand scheme of things the C63 is a bargain compared to some of the other deals out there.

The C63 is £100 cheaper than the 135i?

Actually its not far off if you consider options.

A 3 door M135i with Professional Sat Nav is around £530 per month before adding the cost of the Auto box (£1400).

C63's can be add for £600 per month and come pretty loaded as standard.

The M135i is also a bit of a minger and looks virtually identical to a 120d M Sport.

The new M235i looks pretty amazing though, and I think the M2 will be stunning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom