Whena dealer really surprises you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S2000Paul

Car
E63 AMG
So, in for a free Wash & valet and they wondered prior if I was looking for a newer car - yes I say as I knew the Chain did'nt have one in of what I fancy - 19+Reg E63/s saloon please.

They came back and offered to buy my car for a price I originally was looking for privately!

They said its price won't go any lower and may actually rise!! (Obvs what I fancy will rise even more...)

Seems V8's are in huge demand used!!

It's always about the cost to change.

My 2018 c63 just keeps going up in value, I check regularly. Purchased December 2018, June 2021 only “lost” £4000 in 30 months/11000 miles of use, bizarre.
When I bought the car I accepted I would have to swallow massive depreciation, doesn’t seem to be the case at present, things will probably change as life gets back to normal
I’m assuming stock levels are low driving this
Even had a dealership ringing me up to buy my 5 year old 100000 mile Vito
I’m assuming flip side is if you sell whatever you buy will be priced high

It’s not V8s, it’s used cars in general whilst WBAC are busy disrupting the used market.

It’s not V8s, it’s used cars in general whilst WBAC are busy disrupting the used market.

Indeed - Only ones coming down are Electric cars just over £35 K :D - funny that.... the cut off point for the £2500 lowers to £35K and low and behold there is a downward shift in prices to qualify -

Greedy B@stards... (Manufacturers...)

There's a long thread on Pistonheads where people are comparing how much their cars are going up in value every week.

Apparently some dealers are advertising that they'll pay £1000 more than WBAC. Someone posted a picture of a BMW used car lot that's normally packed and it just had the odd car here and there.

Dealers need to be shifting cars in volume - they must be really struggling at the moment.

Very interesting though, hadn't realised. Just checked mine on WBAC and they offer £1500 more than I bought from a dealer for last year!

They know they can make there supposed losses up with their wash and valet service 😳🤦

Very interesting though, hadn't realised. Just checked mine on WBAC and they offer £1500 more than I bought from a dealer for last year!
Until you get there and they take a couple of hundred off for this,a few more for that and then admin fees etc……..

Until you get there and they take a couple of hundred off for this,a few more for that and then admin fees etc……..
Of course! But even considering that, I was surprised. They have to make a profit at auction and then presumably a dealer also then has to make a profit. So the end retail price will be quite a bit higher than that

I wouldn't let a dealer anywhere near my car to wash it... When it goes in for anything I specifically tell them not to.

The thing with WBAC is they only look at it as a car, a standard c63 is the same price as my ppp fully speced but a 507 is 17k more🤫

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom