Where are all the E63s?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dogbash

Car
C63 AMG
Hi all, currently in an F10 M5 and previously owned a W212 E63. I'm now looking at getting in to an E63S but there seem to be hardly any available (28 currently on autotrader) with none local to me. Also, dealers seem to have no demo's available to drive. For reference I'm in Norfolk. How many of these cars were sold as the current for sale amount seems very low.

Another complicating factor is I'm not a major fan of the bucket seats. I haven't set in them yet but to the eye the normal seats look much more comfortable. I am wide hipped so typically bucket seats are uncomfortable for me. There are hardly any for sale without bucket seats. I found a perfect one here:

This is more or less my perfect spec but although it's listed with Performance exhaust, when I was sent the spec sheet from the dealer it doesn't have it! I am told this is a must have option?

Andrew

Definitely doesn't have the AMG performance exhaust - see picture 26, the power button would be where its switchable.
Probably is a must have option, I always have it on anyway, for me personally the 360 camera would be a must have.

Since covid the number of tasty cars I honestly think has gone down and prices have stabilised.

I know a few that have choppednin big diesels for sports cars.

Does the performance exhaust really make that much difference? I’ve heard standard exhaust has flaps dependant on drive mode anyway? Cheers

Does the performance exhaust really make that much difference? I’ve heard standard exhaust has flaps dependant on drive mode anyway? Cheers

I have a C63S with the switchable exhaust and the answer to your question is YES, YES and thrice YES it makes a difference! It was my dealbreaker too - yes the exhaust will sound louder in the more aggressive drive modes but it sounds equally fruity when you switch it on in comfort and just fancy burbling around at low speed, I happen to like rolling into the petrol station sounding like a Nascar :) The sound is one of the primary things AMG's are known for, it would be a crime to not have the switchable exhaust in my opinion.

I have a C63S with the switchable exhaust and the answer to your question is YES, YES and thrice YES it makes a difference! It was my dealbreaker too - yes the exhaust will sound louder in the more aggressive drive modes but it sounds equally fruity when you switch it on in comfort and just fancy burbling around at low speed, I happen to like rolling into the petrol station sounding like a Nascar :) The sound is one of the primary things AMG's are known for, it would be a crime to not have the switchable exhaust in my opinion.
Couldn’t agree more. I want one.

Well, it makes it noticeably louder when you press the button
i just got the ASR exhaust valve module to fit next weekend on mine,,,,,opens valves 100% instead of 70% standard.....makes it even louder hopefully..

It to mention emotion start :)

It to mention emotion start :)

Only on post 2018 facelift cars of course. Although I find I can get a good approximation of the sound on my car by going to the trouble of putting the car in sport plus before starting the engine.....:)

Only on post 2018 facelift cars of course. Although I find I can get a good approximation of the sound on my car by going to the trouble of putting the car in sport plus before starting the engine.....:)
To me emotion start and start in Sport+ sounds different actually (sorry). I think in Sport+ it does open the valves but in emotion start I think it ‘pushes down the gas’ a bit too.

I've got one on order looking forward to having them open 100% of there time
i just got the ASR exhaust valve module to fit next weekend on mine,,,,,opens valves 100% instead of 70% standard.....makes it even louder hopefully..

To me emotion start and start in Sport+ sounds different actually (sorry). I think in Sport+ it does open the valves but in emotion start I think it ‘pushes down the gas’ a bit too.
Yep you're correct. I actually should have added that if I simultaneously tickle the throttle pedal when starting, the effect is similar. Usually I blip it after startup anyway, particularly if i'm in a multi-storey/underground car park or other 'acoustically suitable location'/anywhere :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom