Where are the cars?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gavnr

SUPPORTER
Car
W204 c63 estate
It seems that with COVID, used cars have been in high demand as people avoid public transport. People who can work from home have probably saved money and some might even now take the view that 'life is short' and buying their dream cars. What are ppl views here - prices for interesting AMGs seem to be holding strong and there are not many being advertised on the likes of auto trader. Are you holding off selling/upgrading etc.?

It seems that with COVID, used cars have been in high demand as people avoid public transport. People who can work from home have probably saved money and some might even now take the view that 'life is short' and buying their dream cars. What are ppl views here - prices for interesting AMGs seem to be holding strong and there are not many being advertised on the likes of auto trader. Are you holding off selling/upgrading etc.?

This too but also bounce back loans have pushed up prices.

I am mostly waiting till after September to see if there is new stock. If not I will then wait till winter.

Also, seems the BMW dealership are giving 2.9 APR on m cars used and new so I think they are struggling ?

COVID has made me realise that having two big expensive to run cars is a complete waste. It has also made me realise that now both my wife and I are hardly driving anywhere so our overall running costs are now a lot lower than previously.

It has also made me realise life is too short. I have dreamt of owning a top flight AMG of some sort, and without the need for two family cars, I am now in the market for a used AMG GT S, and will probably pull the trigger on the right one within the next 12 months once I find the perfect spec.

Covid here in Wales also meant everyday I was looking at my beautiful SLK standing out in the rain !
Am therefore in the process of spending a very large sum of money to buy a house with a nice double garage to keep it dry , sold our current home within 24,hours of putting it on the market and hopefully will have our offer accepted on a garage ( with house ) today, running an AMG can be expensive :rolleyes:

I am now in the market for a used AMG GT S, and will probably pull the trigger on the right one within the next 12 months once I find the perfect spec.

I've been looking at these on the sly for a while now. MB have had a couple under £70K in recent weeks and the one at Salisbury looks very good to me. I think if the economy has shown good signs of stability/pick up by next March/April I may be tempted.

IMHO the AMG GT is possibly the best value super sports car available, it has the drama, experience and performance of some Supercars - especially in GT C and GT R specification - plus some every day practicality, for a fraction of the cost when secondhand. Incredible value IMHO.

I've been looking at these on the sly for a while now. MB have had a couple under £70K in recent weeks and the one at Salisbury looks very good to me. I think if the economy has shown good signs of stability/pick up by next March/April I may be tempted.
That is optimistic, I think govt propping everything up is delaying the real effects but sounds like the folk on here have holes burning in their pockets!

2 car, one person scenario has been getting at me - life is short or shorter than expected in some cases.. so S2000 and E63 up for sale in my head at least while I dream of a 3 yr old Bentley Continental,,,just £20K short when selling everything including shares and savings...lol

I miss my s2000 but I can’t find another good enough 😟

That is optimistic, I think govt propping everything up is delaying the real effects but sounds like the folk on here have holes burning in their pockets!

I am using man maths here of course :cool:

Having said that it could be a goer as they are a lot of car for the money given their original list prices :thumb:

COVID has made me realise that having two big expensive to run cars is a complete waste. It has also made me realise that now both my wife and I are hardly driving anywhere so our overall running costs are now a lot lower than previously.

It has also made me realise life is too short. I have dreamt of owning a top flight AMG of some sort, and without the need for two family cars, I am now in the market for a used AMG GT S, and will probably pull the trigger on the right one within the next 12 months once I find the perfect spec.
Yeah sounds good but you'll soon wish you had 2 cars as you go into a car park with miniscule bays & people parking diagonally etc, will you be able to park & relax? Especially with a AMG GT S....No way, no you'll have to have an old dog estate as we do . Old (relaible too) renault estate dog mobile hardly door dings as no one wants to park next to it lol....Peace

Cheaper than that. Was watching a GTS at Mercedes Grimsby up at £59k but that seems have have gone this week, still a GT at Mercedes Leicester up at £57k, and these are low mileage cars. Going to try and find a local one first to test drive and see how I get on with it before the rest of you all decide to get one and the prices go up 😂 Salesman has been trying to get me into a new CLA45SB but with the Plus model at £59k+ beginning to think that a used GT will be a better car and depreciate a whole lot less to boot. Don’t do enough miles these days to care about running costs and have alternate cars if that changes or I go to the shops

Last edited:
I had my eye on that one in Grimsby at £59k, was pretty much on par with what i was looking for, but at the completely wrong time.

As for not having a second car, the wife has an X3 which does the family duties, dump runs and what else, so literally the GT will be that second car for occasion. The X3 also now looks the part with every wheel curbed, supermarket dings and the rest! I thought about perhaps also getting a Smart Fortwo as a run around under £2k, but in reality once I looked at costs and maintenance, it worked out cheaper to take cabs everywhere for those times I didn’t want to take the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom