Where are the Mercs with ISOFIX?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Apologies for the late reply.

Sine I posted the thread, I have relocated to Holland. I can find out if I can order these items here and will let you know. However, there is a disclaimer from MB that when retro fitted (stealers generally will not do it for you), in the event of an accident any injuries will not be attributable to MB.

To confirm there should be 4 welded in threaded bolts when you lift the lower rear seat. These are to take the ISOFIX anchor plates.

It will be a week or 2 before I return to Holland to do this.

Cheers,
Steve

On the off chance I called my local dealer this morning using the part number above in Oriental post. They said it was £32ish plus Vat and would take a couple of days.

I need to pay for it before they will order it in so I'll drop in today or tomorrow and see if it goes through.

Update to follow.

Update. Popped into the dealer today to pick up a door seal and supplied the part number from Orientdude's post again.

There was no fuss at all, seat fittings are £32.40 + VAT each, so I ordered and paid for two. They are due in on Thursday but I probably won't be able to pick them up until Friday, so further update to follow.

Update 2. I picked up the parts from the dealer this morning, so it seems you can buy them in the UK, or at least the dealer local to me sells them. If your dealer won't sell you the kits let me know and I can buy and post at cost.

If I get time and it's above freezing this weekend I'll try to fit them to the car and do a how to.

IMPORTANT! It turns out the isofix attachments are "handed" so each side has a different part number. I didn't think to ask if that would be the case, nor did the dealer's parts department offer up that information.

Based on a UK car:
Near side (passenger side) part number is A203 860 1087
Off side (drivers side) part number is A203 860 1187

I've fitted the passenger side part and taken a few photos, but will probably wait until the drivers side part is fitted before writing up a How To. In summary though it's an easy 10-15 minute job for anyone who can work a ratchet.

If anyone would like to buy the spare passenger side fitting i have shoot me a pm it would be £38.88 + postage, if not I'll return it on Monday and exchange it for the drivers side fitting.

Teaser pic:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/roamer_photo/DSCF1057.jpg

Nice on I'll have one please , just so you know when I asked my main dealer about whether this can be done he said it would have to be welded into chassis :(
idiot
Could you get me one please

Bill

Last edited:
Nice on I'll have one please , just so you know when I asked my main dealer about whether this can be done he said it would have to be welded into chassis :(

He could be right if yours is the saloon rather than my estate, as the chassis may not be the same.

I returned the spare passenger side part I had and to be fair, the dealer parts guy was good about doing a straight swap for the drivers side part. Well I say swap, but it's out of stock in the UK and Germany so I'm waiting for them to let me know when they can get it.

I had been holding off on the How To until I had the new part but I'll write it up so you can check you have the fitment points, just to be sure before I go ordering more.

Didn't get time today to do the full write up, but here is a pic of the attachment points:

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/... C32 Isofix retrofit/DSCF1064_zps221972d1.jpg

One silver nut and one black bolt comes with the bar. The silver nut you can see on the left, slots over a post that is already on my chassis. The black bolt screws into a pre-drilled hole at the side of the rear seat, where your left hip would be when you were sitting behind the passenger.

If you have these points then fitting is simple.

In this photo you can see the post and the hole for the offside fitment:

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/... C32 Isofix retrofit/DSCF1060_zpse3edbab2.jpg

Retro-Fitted ISOFIX Attachments to W203

Apologies for reviving this thread, but I needed ISOFIX has we already have an ISOFIX child seat, Concord Transformer X.

@chriswt,
I have this weekend DIY installed two OEM ISOFIX attachments to my C32. It was an easu job and did not take that long with only a E10 torx bolt and a 12mm hex nut per each attachment for installation.

I thought I would post it here since, I think the UK stealers are not allowed to sell the OEM parts to joe public. I did it in Italy (residing there) and was not expensive. So, if anyone needs to do the same just PM me and I will order and post at cost.

im new here , i want a isofix for my mercedes c180 2001 , where do i get one ? can someone pm me?

im new here , i want a isofix for my mercedes c180 2001 , where do i get one ? can someone pm me?

6 year old thread mate

yes i have a old car , and a new child seat . if i dont find that missing part i have to buy another child seat
post a new thread it'll get noticed more

can someone pm this guy orientdude ,he said he knows where to order the part i want

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom