Where are the microphones for prewired phone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JerryC200Cdi

Hi

I recently bought a '56' plate C200 CDI which came with pre-wired phone, and I have installed a bluetooth cradle. It works a treat with my iPhone, but I am curious as to where the microphone is that picks up your voice. I looked in many places (behind rear view mirror, dash) but couldn't see anything obvious. Any suggestions?

Hi

I recently bought a '56' plate C200 CDI which came with pre-wired phone, and I have installed a bluetooth cradle. It works a treat with my iPhone, but I am curious as to where the microphone is that picks up your voice. I looked in many places (behind rear view mirror, dash) but couldn't see anything obvious. Any suggestions?

In the overhead console just in front of the RVM. All you will see is a small "louvre" type patch

Can also be in the mirror (you can see holes in the bottom of the mirror)

D2B cars (basically before MY05 or MY04 depending on range) have a single microphone that is very obvious as its in the base of the mirror and round about the size of a 2pence piece, the grille can be rotated to point to left or right (i.e to the driver)

Later cars ("MOST" technology) started with 4 microphones (3 in A/B class) and switched to 2 later. These are often in the mirror and can be seen underneath the mirror. On A/B are in the overhead control panel and either side of it (depending on model year)

R

Last edited:
I had a look when I took the car out this evening, there appear to be a couple of small louvres in the light console as gollom suggested that looks to be a sensible place for them

I had a look when I took the car out this evening, there appear to be a couple of small louvres in the light console as gollom suggested that looks to be a sensible place for them

Just out of interest, I think one of the louvres is a sensor connected with the a/c or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom