Where are the police when you need them?

Mike Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes W204 C220cdi Estate Ford Fiesta Mk 4
Driving home last night in a queue of traffic and saw flashing lights ahead on other side of road. Cars, rescue wagon etc and road on that side blocked so single file traffic only.

Cars in front of me went through and I had to stop as traffic in opposite direction had been signalled to proceed.

Saw a car in wing mirror overtaking our line of cars at speed. He then dived across me and stopped at the head of our queue. Nice move:dk: Policewoman controlling things walked across. opened his door and invited him to produce documents which he did . She wrote out ticket and gave it to him in exchange.

As I passed her she suggested he may have been a Banker but I may have misheard her :eek:

SPX

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
That one
I'll have a crack that it was either an A4 2.0 TDi or a BMW 118d.

Or an S3 if Moonloops is reading.:p

gtvlusso

Car
Bicycle and a couple of ML's
Don't worry, the Peugeot will have broken down before the next round-a-bout anyway.....

dulayj

Car
A 210/Volvo XC90
Fantastic result:thumb:
-returning back from work late last night-some inbred in an old honda civic only one brake light weaving all over the road at speed,overtaking other cars then takes exit road nearly clipping another car-number plate light at back wasnt working either!

380SL

Car
1983 380SL & 1998 CLK230 Kompressor.
Good to see one of those tossers getting nabbed. Im an HGV driver for Sainsburys supermarkets and see that kind of driving every single day. Not just from car drivers either !!:doh:

Ted

MB Enthusiast
Car
SLC 250D AMG Line, Yamaha XVS 1100, Jeep Renegade
Good to see one of those tossers getting nabbed. Im an HGV driver for Sainsburys supermarkets and see that kind of driving every single day. Not just from car drivers either !!:doh:
Yup, and these idiots seem to think that a waggon has the same stopping sistance as a sports car.

Double fail!!

OP
OP
Mike Walker

Mike Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
In addition to my original post, and earlier in the same journey on a dual carriageway, I noticed two police officers standing behind a parked car with hand held speed detectors waiting for their victims to arrive.

Whilst not condoning speeding this is a long stretch of straight road with minimum access to other traffic and pedestrians so why 2 officers?

Someone behind me also spent the whole drive down the road flashing his headlights at the oncoming traffic in an attempt, I assume, to warn those on the other side of the impending doom.

John

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
I wish.
In addition to my original post, and earlier in the same journey on a dual carriageway, I noticed two police officers standing behind a parked car with hand held speed detectors waiting for their victims to arrive.
That'll be where the police were when you needed them, then!

flowrider

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL500 (R230)
Driving home last night in a queue of traffic and saw flashing lights ahead on other side of road. Cars, rescue wagon etc and road on that side blocked so single file traffic only.

Cars in front of me went through and I had to stop as traffic in opposite direction had been signalled to proceed.

Saw a car in wing mirror overtaking our line of cars at speed. He then dived across me and stopped at the head of our queue. Nice move:dk: Policewoman controlling things walked across. opened his door and invited him to produce documents which he did . She wrote out ticket and gave it to him in exchange.

As I passed her she suggested he may have been a Banker but I may have misheard her :eek:
A similar thing has happened to me on numerous occasions.........I have a parked car on my side of the road and I let a car coming towards me (who has right of way) proceed but then I am overtaken by an idiot coming up behind me who then blocks the road. :wallbash:

johny5_uk

Car
E class

Bickley Park Road by any chance?

johny5_uk

Car
E class
thats what I was thinking :)
I drove along this road on that night with the same descriptions as above and with Mike being in North Kent wondered if it was the same road.

Charles Morgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes 250CE W114, Alfa Romeo GT Coupe 3.2 V6
Delighted to see someone stopped for bad driving.

I have experienced a different but related phenomenon a lot recently - an ambulance or police car comes along sirens blazing, you pull over to let them through, then as you start again, drivers behind come storming along and stop you re-joining the lane you cleared for the emergency. That has happened to me now three times in the last month.

OP
OP
Mike Walker

Mike Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
thats what I was thinking :)
I drove along this road on that night with the same descriptions as above and with Mike being in North Kent wondered if it was the same road.
Indeed it was - and the earlier 'incident' occurrd on the A223 between Bexley Village and Ruxley Corner

Small world isn't it?

John

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
I wish.
Small world isn't it?
Certainly is - I used to live in Hayes and then for a short while in Bromley (Bickley), in the middle of the 90's, just down the road from there.

Strange.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom