Where can I get a 12v feed on w204

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

G.O'Rilla

Car
Mercedes, Fiat and Ford!
Hi, I need to fit (via a wire not the fag lighter) my pogo alert (speed camera location detector) to my w204. As I'm a cheapskate and all I need is an ignition dependent 12v feed, I wondered if anyone knew where the easiest place to find this and how to get at it? Any and all suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance

Why not use the wire that feeds the fag lighter ?

Why not use the wire that feeds the fag lighter ?

That was my thought - I need to be able to get at it without causing any damage to the car and then run the lead. The other thought was behind the lighting switch but am wary of the car running a canbus system so was hoping for some advice on how to get behind things a little

That was my thought - I need to be able to get at it without causing any damage to the car and then run the lead. The other thought was behind the lighting switch but am wary of the car running a canbus system so was hoping for some advice on how to get behind things a little

Speak to your dealer about a connector to plug into the fuse box. When I added heated seat to my last car the loom came with a connector to plug into a spare spade on the fuse box so you should be able to buy the connector and add a wire to it - I remember Richard (Comand) mentioning something about it a while back but cant seem to find the post.

This way it saves splicing into any wires as I wouldn't want to be doing that especially with being such a new car (Warranty etc).

Even so cutting into the wire on the lighter wont affect the (Interior) CAN,

Don't consider any wiring related to lights (specifically if you consider useful to ask assistance on the matter), any failure from the added wiring could be fatal at some point. Loosing the cigarette lighter while driving would be less of an issue but of course a proper feed from the fuse box would be another option.

It has always amazed me that manufacturers of cars (specially expensive ones) dont install a few pre-wired power take-off points both under the bonnet, in the cabin and in the boot for owners to use as they want.

Two reasons:

1) Cost

2) Manufacturers don't want us adding too many accessories

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom