Where can I get build details/spec of my car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Astonv12

Car
w219 CLS 350 CDi Grand Edition Palladium Silver
Hi All
I've just bought an e350 CDI Estate on a 60 plate, but how do I find out what the build/spec is on the car? The reason I ask is that I'm not sure if mine has the 265bhp engine :fail

It would be good to know as I want to get the car remapped and I don't know if it can be done via the OBD port or not.

Haven't even picked the car up yet but I'm a first time Benz owner and I'm looking forward to having a nice quiet car for a change!

Welcome - ask your local dealer for the Oasis report - much build and option info including option costs.

developer said:
Welcome - ask your local dealer for the Oasis report - much build and option info including option costs.

Can he not enter his VIN number into that Russian database or whatever it is to bring up the spec sheet? Or is that not possible for newer models

Can he not enter his VIN number into that Russian database or whatever it is to bring up the spec sheet? Or is that not possible for newer models

The datacard only has basic spec info - the Oasis report is much more informative (if that's your thing).

developer said:
The datacard only has basic spec info - the Oasis report is much more informative (if that's your thing).

Ah I see :thumb: So the Oasis report is the one to truly go by

thats great, thanks for the info and quick responses!
Hopefully I'll be a bit of a regular on this forum, I can't seem to stop tinkering with any car I get..!
First thing I want is a remap and then I'll be looking at an audio upgrade - I'll go hunting in the forums soon :)

Ah I see :thumb: So the Oasis report is the one to truly go by
Build date, ship date, dealer date, registration date, base spec, base cost, option spec, option cost etc. etc.

I like to add the report to my car file - provenance (read anorak) and all that.

developer said:
Build date, ship date, dealer date, registration date, base spec, base cost, option spec, option cost etc. etc. I like to add the report to my car file - provenance (read anorak) and all that.

Going to ask my local dealer for mine :eek: wouldn't mind having that in my car folder also

The Russian site is no more (at least right now).

Another one has opened up based in Kiev but appears to only give you one go at it (Google "Mercedes VIN decoder").

I suspect the dealer report will be better anyway.

assuming there is a charge what would the cost of this report from the dealership?

assuming there is a charge what would the cost of this report from the dealership?

There's no charge - however they may ask you to prove ownership.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom