Where can i get genuine parts from.

jonny705

Car
Vito 120
Is there a M/B parts supplier in Coventry , is it the main dealers ?

Cannot seem to find a couple of parts such as stretch bolts for turbo .

Have looked everywhere on Net and only US suppliers?:wallbash:

Am trying to get turbo off , and the bolts are mis-matched and all different!

Hence want to replace with proper ones.

Van is in bits at moment so need to get them ASAP.:D

whitenemesis

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
Lexus RC300h F-Sport 2019
Dealership would be the first port of call.

MancMike

Any Merc dealership will have a parts department. Call up and ask to be put though to parts. Have your vin number with you.

a111r

MB Enthusiast
Car
S123 240TD, S210 320cdi, S202 250TD.
I've never heard of stretch bolts being used on a turbo, presumably to the exhaust manifold joint?
Normally, they're iron studs.

OP
OP
J

jonny705

Car
Vito 120
Thanks to all :) have tried Inchscape online but none of the parts are avalible so would be better to go to main dealer in Coventry -Mercedes-Benz of Coventry
Wheler Road CV3 4LA- i guess this is the one?

Have ordered my main lot of gaskets from Newcastle, but as they are not commercial would not advise me if they would fit a Vito - so just checked the part numbers and most seemed the same - fingers crossed .

I was just surprised as I could go to Lings Honda look up any part easy from exploded parts diagram, and just order it really quick.

Just though their would be loads of sites similar for M/B , there are but only in the states that i could find.

Does any one know the turnaround time from ordering to recieving parts from dealer above?

I read probably the best thread for replacing oil cooler seals i have found on net, although it was a car, and guy said about single use stretch bolts to be used only once they were copper ?

But checked part numbers and they are different to mine, so hopefully normal bolts can be re-used .

KennyN

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Me - BMW 440i Coupe / Dog -Cayenne
I would contact a local turbo rebuild centre , there must one close as they are popping up everywhere.

The only time i have seen copper (or similar) fixings used was on the turbo studs of my old Saab 900. The turbo flange had regular studs on it and they were retained , through the exhaust manifold flange , by these copper nuts.

Kenny

bob6600

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
Thanks to all :) have tried Inchscape online but none of the parts are avalible so would be better to go to main dealer in Coventry -Mercedes-Benz of Coventry
Wheler Road CV3 4LA- i guess this is the one?

Have ordered my main lot of gaskets from Newcastle, but as they are not commercial would not advise me if they would fit a Vito - so just checked the part numbers and most seemed the same - fingers crossed .

I was just surprised as I could go to Lings Honda look up any part easy from exploded parts diagram, and just order it really quick.

Just though their would be loads of sites similar for M/B , there are but only in the states that i could find.

Does any one know the turnaround time from ordering to recieving parts from dealer above?

I read probably the best thread for replacing oil cooler seals i have found on net, although it was a car, and guy said about single use stretch bolts to be used only once they were copper ?

But checked part numbers and they are different to mine, so hopefully normal bolts can be re-used .

Yes that's the local dealer, not far from London Road. Normally parts come next day, although with the weekend I would say Tuesday at the latest, unless special order. I have used them many times and the service is very good, Matt is very helpful. In the past, I have supplied part numbers and a Reg, they then matched the part numbers to the VIN and if any have been superseded then the newer part supplied

OP
OP
J

jonny705

Car
Vito 120
Went to MB in Wheler road in Coventry - really sound , although took me a while to find it, as went to Car place first and they had a massive showroom and really fancy parts place-they got me out quick :)

Then went to the van place up the road - nice electronic doors and showroom again but no parts .

Found It down by the main lorry servicing garage, one wonky door with a little 'parts' sign above it :)

Really helpful staff, and any parts in next day at 8am onwards, just phoned up for another part today which I can pick up tomorrow morning.

Some things are worth getting off net, but MB have the updated parts and will inform you of such-which you might not know when ordering off net ,even if you have the original part number.

bob6600

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
Went to MB in Wheler road in Coventry - really sound , although took me a while to find it, as went to Car place first and they had a massive showroom and really fancy parts place-they got me out quick :)

Then went to the van place up the road - nice electronic doors and showroom again but no parts .

Found It down by the main lorry servicing garage, one wonky door with a little 'parts' sign above it :)

Really helpful staff, and any parts in next day at 8am onwards, just phoned up for another part today which I can pick up tomorrow morning.

Some things are worth getting off net, but MB have the updated parts and will inform you of such-which you might not know when ordering off net ,even if you have the original part number.

Never had a problem with MB Parts in Coventry either, very helpful guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom