Where can i get genuine parts from.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny705

Car
Vito 120
Is there a M/B parts supplier in Coventry , is it the main dealers ?

Cannot seem to find a couple of parts such as stretch bolts for turbo .

Have looked everywhere on Net and only US suppliers?:wallbash:

Am trying to get turbo off , and the bolts are mis-matched and all different!

Hence want to replace with proper ones.

Van is in bits at moment so need to get them ASAP.:D

Dealership would be the first port of call.

Any Merc dealership will have a parts department. Call up and ask to be put though to parts. Have your vin number with you.

I've never heard of stretch bolts being used on a turbo, presumably to the exhaust manifold joint?
Normally, they're iron studs.

Thanks to all :) have tried Inchscape online but none of the parts are avalible so would be better to go to main dealer in Coventry -Mercedes-Benz of Coventry
Wheler Road CV3 4LA- i guess this is the one?

Have ordered my main lot of gaskets from Newcastle, but as they are not commercial would not advise me if they would fit a Vito - so just checked the part numbers and most seemed the same - fingers crossed .

I was just surprised as I could go to Lings Honda look up any part easy from exploded parts diagram, and just order it really quick.

Just though their would be loads of sites similar for M/B , there are but only in the states that i could find.

Does any one know the turnaround time from ordering to recieving parts from dealer above?

I read probably the best thread for replacing oil cooler seals i have found on net, although it was a car, and guy said about single use stretch bolts to be used only once they were copper ?

But checked part numbers and they are different to mine, so hopefully normal bolts can be re-used .

I would contact a local turbo rebuild centre , there must one close as they are popping up everywhere.

The only time i have seen copper (or similar) fixings used was on the turbo studs of my old Saab 900. The turbo flange had regular studs on it and they were retained , through the exhaust manifold flange , by these copper nuts.

Kenny

Thanks to all :) have tried Inchscape online but none of the parts are avalible so would be better to go to main dealer in Coventry -Mercedes-Benz of Coventry
Wheler Road CV3 4LA- i guess this is the one?

Have ordered my main lot of gaskets from Newcastle, but as they are not commercial would not advise me if they would fit a Vito - so just checked the part numbers and most seemed the same - fingers crossed .

I was just surprised as I could go to Lings Honda look up any part easy from exploded parts diagram, and just order it really quick.

Just though their would be loads of sites similar for M/B , there are but only in the states that i could find.

Does any one know the turnaround time from ordering to recieving parts from dealer above?

I read probably the best thread for replacing oil cooler seals i have found on net, although it was a car, and guy said about single use stretch bolts to be used only once they were copper ?

But checked part numbers and they are different to mine, so hopefully normal bolts can be re-used .

Yes that's the local dealer, not far from London Road. Normally parts come next day, although with the weekend I would say Tuesday at the latest, unless special order. I have used them many times and the service is very good, Matt is very helpful. In the past, I have supplied part numbers and a Reg, they then matched the part numbers to the VIN and if any have been superseded then the newer part supplied

Went to MB in Wheler road in Coventry - really sound , although took me a while to find it, as went to Car place first and they had a massive showroom and really fancy parts place-they got me out quick :)

Then went to the van place up the road - nice electronic doors and showroom again but no parts .

Found It down by the main lorry servicing garage, one wonky door with a little 'parts' sign above it :)

Really helpful staff, and any parts in next day at 8am onwards, just phoned up for another part today which I can pick up tomorrow morning.

Some things are worth getting off net, but MB have the updated parts and will inform you of such-which you might not know when ordering off net ,even if you have the original part number.

Went to MB in Wheler road in Coventry - really sound , although took me a while to find it, as went to Car place first and they had a massive showroom and really fancy parts place-they got me out quick :)

Then went to the van place up the road - nice electronic doors and showroom again but no parts .

Found It down by the main lorry servicing garage, one wonky door with a little 'parts' sign above it :)

Really helpful staff, and any parts in next day at 8am onwards, just phoned up for another part today which I can pick up tomorrow morning.

Some things are worth getting off net, but MB have the updated parts and will inform you of such-which you might not know when ordering off net ,even if you have the original part number.

Never had a problem with MB Parts in Coventry either, very helpful guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom