Where can ''quality'' number plates be purchased?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MOR8A

Car
W212 E63 PPP AMG
Back in the day hand assembled numbers plates were great quality and lasted for years and years with very few issues. The trade then moved on to the printed backing rather than the ''hand made'' affairs and for me there has been a problem ever since. I admit that I am extremely picky with a very critical eye for detail, but for the love of God there must be somewhere out there that are offering a ''quality'' number plate? I had a set made today from my local Mercedes dealer that are not fit to be put on a child's go-kart, absolute poo! bubbles and creases and the bits of black numbering that the printer failed to produce were filled in with black permanent marker! I S**T you not, I'm bloody livid, not only is that a shoddy bit of kit but it is the fact that whoever made them thought....Ah he won't notice! that's the real kick in the nuts! Being palmed off with sub-spec crap really makes me boil! Thoughts and any pointers as to where to get some ''proper'' number plates made would be good. I have ''googled'' it and not had much joy, just lots of cheap and nasty ebay type stuff, not what I'm after. Surely there must be someone out there offering quality materials, free of bubbles, pubes, faults and permanent marker fill ins!?

Back in the day hand assembled numbers plates were great quality and lasted for years and years with very few issues. The trade then moved on to the printed backing rather than the ''hand made'' affairs and for me there has been a problem ever since. I admit that I am extremely picky with a very critical eye for detail, but for the love of God there must be somewhere out there that are offering a ''quality'' number plate? I had a set made today from my local Mercedes dealer that are not fit to be put on a child's go-kart, absolute poo! bubbles and creases and the bits of black numbering that the printer failed to produce were filled in with black permanent marker! I S**T you not, I'm bloody livid, not only is that a shoddy bit of kit but it is the fact that whoever made them thought....Ah he won't notice! that's the real kick in the nuts! Being palmed off with sub-spec crap really makes me boil! Thoughts and any pointers as to where to get some ''proper'' number plates made would be good. I have ''googled'' it and not had much joy, just lots of cheap and nasty ebay type stuff, not what I'm after. Surely there must be someone out there offering quality materials, free of bubbles, pubes, faults and permanent marker fill ins!?

Cool story bro
A real first world problem here.

Sorry I've just ran out of clichés :D

The 'other side' advocates the pressed ally option.
Around 20 quid/pair.
With none of those nonsense German fonts, obvs.

I bought flat aluminium plates because I thought that the original Perspex types did not look right in the MB holders. The thin aluminium plates are understated but look "correct". They are a year old now and still look like new.

Sam_8772%20Custom_zpsumgpiq7d.jpg

Sam_8766%20Custom_zps1yltcaem.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom