Where can the fault be?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goldenii68

Car
c230 elegance selection kompressor
Help!!

My bulb failure indicator lamp came on last night, I have checked all the bulbs and all seem to be working ok, it also came on today when I had no lights on, all 3 brake lights appear to be working, the light doesn't come when I start the car, it comes on only when I'm driving so 'where can the fault be ?':dk:

Wait until the warning appears again and check all bulbs. Remember the rear sidelights have two per side.

Will do, if its not the rear sidelights, where next to check?

Check the correct wattage of all the bulbs. It will probably be the rear bulbs though.

I forgot to say I've got led sidelights and numberplate lights, both sets appear to be working ok, they are the error free canbus ones, you dont think however ......?

Even if they are working and had them for about 5-6 months ( and made sure they were the canbus error free ones) and they were off when the light came on today .........?

Last edited:

Oi, this is serious, it weeks to sort out my ESP/BAS light and open walet surgery to boot, I have precious little hair to pull as it is, I can't bear any warning lights coming up:eek: (its not a dig just lighthearted banter:D)

Me too, nothing more annoying than a niggle in your pride and joy you can't sort quickly! :wallbash:

Bulb does not have to have blown. The system will pick up a bulb in imminent danger of failing. I think it measures change in resistance. One is probably about to go - usually a rear sidelight or brake light.

Wow! In my c200 when that light came up, it was normally a brake light one that had failed, best get some of both types soon :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom