Where do you book cheap holidays?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

columb

Car
W212
Hi,

We have decided to go away for a week somewhere and the only week free which we have is 03/11-09/11. We'd like to go to Gran Canaria as that's the only warm place in Europe during that time :)

So, where do you book cheap holidays? I'm looking to spend less than 350-400 pp AI, 4*.

Any info much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Cheers
Chris

Thro Mrs E, who is an agent/consultant.

Without wishing to shamelessly plug her company, in the case of the recent failures (Zoom and XL) they have flown clients home directly and are recovering the costs back from CAA / ATOL rather than leaving clients to sort themselves out. Can't see an internet operation doing that - and I've rarely found them to be the cheapest either.

PM me if you'd like her to check it out.

Would need to know where you're flying from and how many peeps.

Last edited:
These people have a good reputation

Sunmaster A holiday clearance house in Bradford. Pick your destination and departure airport then give them a call. Maybe not the personal service you'd get with Mrs E but they are helpful on the phone.

I have used Teletext for CHEAP last minute holidays. Specially outside of school holiday times.
You can pick up seriously cheap (WAY LESS THAN HALF ADVERTISED PRICE) deals if you can go within 24 hours or less of time of flight.

Last edited:
I've forgot to mention that I will rather pay bit more and fly there and back than be stuck on the airport.

Saying that, I have quite good cover from HSBC (plus account) but i don't know if I'm covered for holiday trips.

Cheers
Chris

I don't go to anyone company, always go to Teletext holidays once I have shortlisted the holidays I then go to http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/

and look at real reviews before booking. I have found this system to work really well and have never been dissapointed. The holiday truth website has saved me from booking a hotel that looks great but is awful a couple of times.

If you want to be very adventurous you can try booking a cheap flight and then using travel republic when you get there..

Early in the year went to Sharm in Egypt, couldn't get a flight for under 250 so instead booked the cheapest package holiday I could - i think it was about 190 for 7 nights b & b in an out of town hotel. Once we got there we checked in (you need to do this otherwise they will give away your return flight) went to the sea-front and looked at all the 5* hotels, found one we liked - asked at the desk how much it would be - $250.00 per night all inclusive - went onto Travel Republic got exactly the same hotel 5 nights all inc for a TOTAL of $80!! Apart from the Russians it was great! We had to go back to the old hotel to check out and get our transfer to the airport - also you need to tell them you are going travelling or something, otherwise they may worry about what has happened to you..

These people have a good reputation

Sunmaster A holiday clearance house in Bradford. Pick your destination and departure airport then give them a call. Maybe not the personal service you'd get with Mrs E but they are helpful on the phone.

Used these in February - very good service

Thanks for all the tips!

I'm checking few websites and so far we have found quite a few quite good hols for less then expected (2 for £750-800).

Yes, it is week away, we are NOT going to complain as paying that little will not give you best holiday ever! I've seen some trip advisor reports and I'm just surprised what kind of expectations people might have in 3-4 star hotels paying so little...
Well, I think we do understand that we get what we pay for and as we want to save money, we are not expecting god knows what :)

Cheers
Chris

OK, it's time to book.

As we haven't really been recently on cheap holidays I'd like to ask few more questions:

- are prices higher for the weekend? (that was the case years ago :) )
Should I wait till Mon-Tue perhaps? Yesterday in the morning hioliday which we picked was around £30 cheaper.

- we have found nice, cheap holiday (total with transfers, AI)
The only question is... NO FRILLS flight- what's that? it is not a charter, just NO FRILLS. Would it be Ryan Air? :(

Btw. No one can beat (as far as I can see) TravelRepublic. Do they have good reputation?

many thanks!
Chris

Well, I've done soem reserch and it looks like we will be flying with.. TCX which is Thomas Cook airlines? How come? I thought that TCX is charter always... Well, I was wrong :)

Cheers
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom