Where do you buy your oil from

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

haggis0073

Car
E220 W212 2013
I am going to buy 8 litre of Mobil 1 fully synthetic 0W-40 which i have found for £69.95. Just curious where everyone gets there oil from as always looking for a good deal ;)

Petrol or diesel engine oil?

Quite a few Mercedes-Benz dealers have online eBay shops.

Cheap as chips...

upload_2019-4-16_14-1-33-png.85346

Hell of a saving compared to the Mobil brand. Already ordered a pump to get oil out so next week my 1st attempt at basic service. Found a really good and clear video on YouTube and seems super easy. Just gotta order the oil filter and air filters now

Check out the link posted earlier by @chrisk2010. Mercedes-Benz of Newcastle will pull together a dedicated 'service kit' for you, usually for much cheapness.

Call them instead of emailing them.

Check out the link posted earlier by @chrisk2010. Mercedes-Benz of Newcastle will pull together a dedicated 'service kit' for you, usually for much cheapness.

Call them instead of emailing them.
Yea I was thinking that as they do a diesel kit but not a petrol one (from what I could see) will definitely give them a call

Try your local MB dealer. I was surprised to find they were just as cheap as the eBay MB vendors. Didn’t have to handle a 20l tub either which is a bit of a lump.

Hell of a saving compared to the Mobil brand. Already ordered a pump to get oil out so next week my 1st attempt at basic service. Found a really good and clear video on YouTube and seems super easy. Just gotta order the oil filter and air filters now

Does your engine have the top mounted internal filter? If it does then you will need one of these

Check the size first as there are different ones

67mm Oil Filter Wrench Cap Socket Drive Remover Tool Audi VW BMW Mercedes 701233017703 | eBay

Opieoils usually.

If you want other than MB's oil then euro car parts or car parts 4 less are the cheapest when they have a good promotion. I've bought Shell Helix ultra which is very good oil for under £20 for 5L. MB oil on ebay is even cheaper when ebay are doing a 10% discount. I think I paid the equivalent of £13 for 5L which is ridiculously cheap.
I thought using a 20L MB container would be difficult but they thoughtfully provide an air inlet as well as a pouring spout so the oil doesn't glug. I had no problem at all filling the engine without spilling any and it will be even easier next year.

Thanks very much everyone for all the tips and places to buy, much appreciated.

Cheers Benzmanc I knew I needed one but completely forgot about it. Would of looked stupid come the day of me doing oil change :confused:

I'm pretty sure that I just ordered the service kit from eBay; MB of Newcastle.

Oil, and oil filter - £50
Air filters - £40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom