Where does the warning triangle store ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stevemartin911

Car
C220cdi sports coupe
Sorry this may appear a daft question, I have just bought a c class coupe 2001 220cdi and the warning triangle in it's special black carrier is floating around in the hatch area.
I am sure this is supposed to store somewhere but a detailed search by me and a trawl through the handbook gives no clue where the he'll it fits !
can anyone give me a clue please ? Picture would be even better ?
[email protected]
Thanks for your help

In most Mercs (well, old ones and yours is quite new) the triangleis stored in the underside of the boot lid - either with visible clips or behind carpeting

Yep, under the boot lid.

Lift the boot lid up and you should see the clips to hold it in place.

Seems sensible to me. It's always seemed odd to me that the warning triangle in the estate is below the floor pan - so if you're on holiday with a full cargo, you have to get it all out to get at the triangle.

Seems sensible to me. It's always seemed odd to me that the warning triangle in the estate is below the floor pan - so if you're on holiday with a full cargo, you have to get it all out to get at the triangle.

In my estates it is stored in the NS boot cubby hole with the tools etc.

So it is. But still needs things moving to one side to get the side pod open enough to get it out.

Would have been handy to have a recess in the tail gate itself.

I know it doesnt apply to yours but its normally like this:-

MercedesWarningTriangle.jpg

Thanks so far

Sorry guys I really need to hear from someone with the coupe because it's obviously or not in a very different configuration being a hatchback, the triangle is folded completely straight and is in a black carrier with a forked end that appears to slot into somewhere ?

Have you tried looking under the boot carpet, where the spare wheel is? Maybe somewhere on the side of that might be a storage place cut out for it, as thats how my jack is stored in my car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom