Where else does one look? (CLK Cab.)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mumu

Car
1998 W210 E200 / 2000 W208 CLK 230K Cabriolet
So I've been hunting for a CLK soft top for a few weeks now with no joy. I'm wondering if there's anywhere obvious I'm failing to look? Clearly I've done autotrader, ebay, E&M and pistonheads. Also tried usedcartrader, netcars, autoweb, fish4... basically every site google found for me.

Looking for a W208 cabriolet 230K or 320K, silver, black or dark blue, under £7000ish, facelift model with low miles, would prefer heated memory seats and PDC but not a must, wheels are of little import as I've a set of 17" AMG IIIs with brand new tyres on my W210, planning on doing a straight swap then selling the E-Class.

Have to say, living in Aberdeen is a bind when it comes to looking for cars, I've seen a few down south, but travelling 500 miles to check for rust etc. could work out expensive! Been staring a two on Autotrader all weekend, and would have trekked down to check them out had the dealer answered his 'phone, still no joy today!

Anyway I babble, opinions on these two appreciated...

2001 X Reg MERCEDES-BENZ CLK 320K Avantgarde Tip Cabriolet

2001 X Reg MERCEDES-BENZ CLK 230K Avantgarde Tip Cabriolet

Thanks in advance, apologies for length etc.

Try Jay at mercland. He is a member on here and has a website.

Aye, I've checked out his site a few times (forgot to mention), would have send him a PM if I had the privileges! What he's got just now have too high a mileage for me. I'm giving up a W210 with less than 40k on the clock, want as close to that as possible!

I wouldn't discount them just because of the high mileage ( unless this is a prerequisite ) ....

I had a 320 CLK cab with 156k on it , and it was all together , drove like a car with half the mileage ... i'd still have it now if some punk hadn't rear ended me on a roundabout. Service history and evidence of being loved are the things to look for.

They never made a 320K w208 either..

My mistake, couple of extraneous Ks there.

As for mileage, I just feel one should go for as low as possible, I realise Mercedes engines should last for many, many miles, but you never know.

Keep looking , they are out there ....

There have been a few nice ones at auction recently including a 430. Price are begining to really increase due the good weather though. I suspect you may have missed the boat unless you want to pay over the odds for a good one.

I started thinking about getting one a few months ago, only now have I got permission to actually buy one! ;)

Congrats on the purchase. Post some pics when you collect it.

Picked up the new car at 8am yesterday morning in the deepest heart of Surrey, was home in Aberdeen by five. Lovely day for driving and the roads were mostly empty.

Quick pic, will do a gallery once the flies have been cleaned off...

30li04z.jpg

One slight concern, last night the trip computer was showing the journey details: 547.4 miles, average speed 70mph, fuel consumption of 36.1mpg (IIRC). Went to get a pic and it's reset to zero. Has it done this itself or could I have reset it accidentally while messing about in the driveway?

(BTW The forum is suddenly broken when using Firefox, tried to post this three times, had to use Opera to get it to work)

Last edited:
The trip computer will reset itself after a set period of time (about 2 hours).

Is this a 320?

I've just sold a W208 320 cab.....great car....we live just north of London and the chap who bought it snapped it up as he reckoned that the majority of CLK cabs advertised were up norht....opposite to what you found!! Now bought a W209 CLK 500 cab

It's a 230K Tip, only done 39000, garaged when off the road. Two-tone leather, part electric heated seats. Very nice car, just needs a good valet.

Looks nice....very low mileage for year! Lower mileage than the 2004 CLK I bought!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom