Where from & what do you do for a living !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Solar power revolutionary residing in Yawksha.

Originally from East London. Living in Essex last 20 years.

Concrete flooring contractor. My back is broke lol. It gives me alot of trouble put it that way lol.

Until I retired a couple of years ago, steelfixer in construction and civil engineering.
Living in Poole, Dorset.

Your back can't be in the best of shape either AMGeed if you did tie all the bars you were meant to of lol :thumb:

Your back can't be in the best of shape either AMGeed if you did tie all the bars you were meant to of lol :thumb:

I'll bet he has dozens of coils of left over tie wire all over his garage. :D

I'm the risk and insurance manager for a multinational Home Improvement retailer
Live in Southampton, work wherever (today its Barcelona)

My last job was as a Risk manager for a multinational arms manufacturer (genuinely!)
Some big boys toys to play with there!

Haha don't I know it. Some mornings I struggle to get my socks on first thing.
That's 40 years of steelfixing for you. Arthritic hands too.

I'll bet he has dozens of coils of left over tie wire all over his garage. :D

Only one Ant. Got to keep a roll of wire handy for the runner bean sticks:D

2nd Assistant String Changer for a 3rd rate guitar player :D

I've been struggling lately as a shoplifter in Argos, so I'm going to start harvesting information from my home here, at MB Club. ;)

You should apply to HB to be a betatester in his declared business.

Is it all still all cobol and fortran like us modern lightweight software devs are lead to believe?

Yeah still plenty of that around running core systems that no one atually understands any more.

Plus all the client server stuff that was supposed to replace those systems and didn't. Also not particulary well understood.

Plus lots of new stuff being built by "scrums" via "agile sprints" on Hadoop without any proper documentation at all.

At least they're getting ahead of the curve in terms of not understanding their systems. It used to take years to forget, now it's designed up front.

At least they're getting ahead of the curve in terms of not understanding their systems. It used to take years to forget, now it's designed up front.
Priceless!

(From an old Engineer who spent a good few years as a COBOL AP)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only ever had a real job for six months of my life:eek: Designing heat exchangers:eek:
The rest of the time I've just enjoyed my hobbies of motorsport and music and found some people would pay me to do it:D....all over the world.:thumb:
Now semi-retired and being even more picky about what I fancy doing from the borders of Cheshire and Staffs.;)

I'm from Nottinghamshire [emoji636]
I'm an electrician [emoji847][emoji851][emoji964][emoji594]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a mechanic and I'm from Portugal.

Weapons Engineer in the RAF.
Originally from Wales but now residing in Norfolk.

However, coming to the end of my time now so looking for a new career (hint)

Weapons Engineer in the RAF.
Originally from Wales but now residing in Norfolk.

However, coming to the end of my time now so looking for a new career (hint)

Now, you're the one I would call a plumber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom