Where Has My PX Gone😒

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benz17

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350d AMG Premium (W213)
Hi All,

August 2019, i PX my first merc E280sports MY 2007, for my current car, mileage at the time was 111354, I was the third owner, in my ownership of 9 years all serviced at Wayne Gates, always original parts, 3 months before I parked exchanged had a full service, also front disks/pads changed, had all invoices for work done in a folder, was in lovely condition for a 2007, had refurbished the alloys few years before, interior Nappa leather wash in good condition, apart from a bit of wear by drivers bolster, had drivers memory seats, absolutely no rust, and no bodywork dents, CD player, comand, original floor velour mats, and boot liner, spare wheel and only changed because had it for 9 years.

Drove it all the way to Bridgend Mercedes Dealer where I was PX with my current car. Drove sweet as a nut. Dealer did say they would probably send it to auction, I fully understood it wasn’t going to end up on their forecourt.

Just entered details on Gov website, hasn’t been taxed since August 2019, probably since I got my refund, the mot has expired, and hasn’t been re Mot’d, am really curious where it ended up, surely it wouldn’t have been scrapped, it was too good for scrapping. Really miffed as to where it ended up.

Attachments

• 3C11F2AA-5C82-4EF6-A2B5-E3554FC3899F.jpeg
    3C11F2AA-5C82-4EF6-A2B5-E3554FC3899F.jpeg
    312 KB · Views: 7
could well have been purchased by a breaker for next to nothing.
Maybe its not in the country anymore.

Possibly at Dronsfield (or similar) being broken for profit as we type.
Why, it would have been a good car for someone.

could well have been purchased by a breaker for next to nothing.
Maybe its not in the country anymore.
PX value was 2k, it’s a shame really if that’s what’s happened to it.

There are plenty of good cars broken for spares every day. You’ve only got to price new /old parts for many older Mercs to understand why
Now I understand why, shame from a car enthusiast perspective.

You're not alone, I sold my 968 coupe to an enthusiast who a year later traded it in to a trader in Buckingham. Since then I have lost track of L456GKE despite emailing the trader (after I had visited them while they had the car for sale). Doubt she would have been a breaker unless the new owner had a major smash, but would love to know what happened to her.

PX value was 2k, it’s a shame really if that’s what’s happened to it.
Why didn’t you just offer it to somebody on here for the PX price 🤷‍♂️

Why didn’t you just offer it to somebody on here for the PX price 🤷‍♂️
Wasn’t a member on here at the time, and as I found the car I wanted, seemed easier and convenient to PX, hindsight is wonderful thing, yep would have been a great car for someone else.

Also as I live in London and due to ulez, there wouldn’t have been many buyers wanting one which was not ulez compliant.

The problem is that misty eyed sentimentality only works in the skewed perspective of the "enthusiast". In the real world it's all about the numbers, and without rarity on its side the car was worth more in parts than as a going concern.

Why not pay a couple of quid for a full history check then you’ll know if it’s been scrapped or is now on a different reg.

Why not pay a couple of quid for a full history check then you’ll know if it’s been scrapped or is now on a different reg.
If it was on private Reg it wouldn’t show up on the mot/ved check

Good thinking Batman. Mystery solved

So PX on 14 August, got my tax refund, and car was not taxed after this, and has been declared a write off, Cat B, and has been duly scraped. So someone bought and drive without tax possibly, and had a accident, sad end really.

Attachments

• CF783A00-A9FB-4CD8-B177-0175F69E7D34.png
    CF783A00-A9FB-4CD8-B177-0175F69E7D34.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
Auction processing and the subsequent insurance activity will have taken most if not all of that 2 month period between PX and scrap, so just as likely the accident happened on trade plates on the way back from auction.

Auction processing and the subsequent insurance activity will have taken most if not all of that 2 month period between PX and scrap, so just as likely the accident happened on trade plates on the way back from auction.
That could possibly be the logical explanation, Cat B, (never to be driven again it states), must have been some serious shunt, hope no serious injuries.

I wonder what the 'write off' process is like when under the ownership of a trader in this situation?

Car picked up from auction.
Driven back to premises.
Calls insurance company; "yeah, I've come back to my car, and someone's smashed into it and not left any details. It's got damage down all panels and all alloys on one side".
No problem sir, your £2k cheque is in the post.
Trader declares car as scrap on V5 and breaks for bit?

Sorry, please ignore; just my cynicism getting the better of me....

Just be happy in the knowledge that donor parts will be keeping other older MB's on the road. In a few years time a pristine 07 E280 might drive by and you could imagine part of your car is in there keeping it alive. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom