Covid-19 Discussion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who mentioned punishment. Not me I said. Whatever countries that do trade with them it will hit them hard that’s my view u have urs. Like trump says it’s a “Chinese virus”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trump is a pure racist. Forgets his family are immigrants too.

40,000 die every month in England. Half "probably" before their time. (Quacks reckon it's 75)

We should take Covid-19 seriously, for sure, but keep some broader perspective.

Did we bring this on ourselves? Certainly, through globalisation.

But that's what brought you the affordable Mercedes, laptop, tablet, phone, internet and clothing that you're enjoying now.

I'm not keen to discuss at your instruction but it has occurred to me that we are in no position to criticise the Chinese for their food choices.

They think we are weird for consuming dairy.

I shouldn’t eat any diary because it doesn’t agree with me. :(

I’m not going to criticise the Chinese but what I will say is that nearly all the Chinese tourists I see throughout the year have virtually no dress sense/style.

Now I’m no Brad Pitt or fashion guru I will admit to that but some of the outfits they wear look as though they have been into Woolworths and helped themselves to a pick n mix from the clothing department.
Nothing appears to match unless it’s me I need to go to spec savers :dk:

Just to be clear I do like the Chinese people.

I’m not going to criticise the Chinese but what I will say is that nearly all the Chinese tourists I see throughout the year have virtually no dress sense/style.

Now I’m no Brad Pitt or fashion guru I will admit to that but some of the outfits they wear look as though they have been into Woolworths and helped themselves to a pick n mix from the clothing department.

Really?

40,000 die every month in England. Half "probably" before their time. (Quacks reckon it's 75)

We should take Covid-19 seriously, for sure, but keep some broader perspective....

When a passenger plane is accidentally shot down, it's not really a biggie in absolute numbers, about 200 dead or so, less than the monthly death toll on our roads. And yet....

It's never about the absolute numbers.

It's about the how, the why, and what we could have done about it, among other things.

The current events in China, Italy, and Spain are devastating. It's very difficult to look only at the numbers and the statistics.

Yes agree. But they will still rise everyday every TV channel tells the numbers .... u can’t switch ur brain off at the moment it hurts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you seriously believe that countries that trade with China will impose tariffs as a punishment for the Coronavirus outbreak? :rolleyes:

Don't hold your breath waiting...
At current, there's only one country whose factories are back in full swing making medical supplies and exporting them via cargo planes to almost every country around the world - yup, you guessed it.

style is subjective ...

no doubt they wish they could have had the benefit of your style guidance before they set out :wallbash:

Reactions: HB

After decades of having your entire wardrobe designed by Mao Tse Tung perhaps the feeling of fabric liberation is now built in their genes ( or jeans)

Trump wants the USA economy up and running by Easter as it’s a “special time” and his popularity is at its highest ever level during his presidency at 49%.
Top of the sales charts in the USA are bullets and other forms of ammo. They’ve twigged on to the Donald’s plan, put all the wagons in a circle and shoot the virus

Trump wants the USA economy up and running by Easter as it’s a “special time” and his popularity is at its highest ever level during his presidency at 49%.
Top of the sales charts in the USA are bullets and other forms of ammo. They’ve twigged on to the Donald’s plan, put all the wagons in a circle and shoot the virus
Or any one with it........

Or any one with it........
Don't joke. This was posted on a US-centric motorcycle forum I frequent by a Canadian a week ago:
I have friends that just arrived back in Canada today with their Airstream. They decided to come home early due to obvious covid 19 issues. They were just telling me a story that there were folks they have been chatting with on the Airstream forum that were camping in a state park in Utah last night. Apparently at some point during the night a couple pickup trucks rolled in with guys in the back of the trucks with rifles and PA speakers yelling out that all foreigners should leave the park immediately because they weren't welcome in their country.

Already posted but worth repeating----
Trump’s new fixation on using a racist name for the coronavirus is dangerous
Of particular interest is the statement that "Spanish Flu " almost certainly did not originate in Spain but that being neutral in WW1 meant Spain reported its incidence more openly giving the impression the disease was more rife there than elsewhere! One theory was it originated in an army training camp in Kansas! Suffice to say history would appear to indicate that the origins of pandemics are frequently subject to being politicised.
How the US Army infected the World with Spanish Flu - Limpia por dentro
Spanish flu - Wikipedia
deadincampsusa.jpg

When a passenger plane is accidentally shot down, it's not really a biggie in absolute numbers, about 200 dead or so, less than the monthly death toll on our roads. And yet....
It's never about the absolute numbers.
It's about the how, the why, and what we could have done about it, among other things.
The current events in China, Italy, and Spain are devastating. It's very difficult to look only at the numbers and the statistics.

Let me put it this way:
440 Brits have died this month from CV19, which is bad.
40,000 Brits have died this month, from all causes, which is normal
It would appear that many, if not most, of those 440 Brits who have died from CV19, would have died in 2020 in any case.

Salivate regarding the CV19 numbers, and take appropriate actions, but they are an overstatement of incremental deaths.
Remember we have not the faintest clue as to how many people have already had the virus, and seen it off already, so we have no data to understand future contamination.

it's Burgers, beer, stress and inactivity that kills. Not this thing.

As a practicing pedant MarkJay, I have to say that, whilst your point is absolutely valid, you may be surprised to hear thar RTC road deaths figure in the UK in 2018 was officially 1,770 or 147/month and coming down year on year.
However, who's to say what will happen this year or next.

As a practicing pedant MarkJay, I have to say that, whilst your point is absolutely valid, you may be surprised to hear thar RTC road deaths figure in the UK in 2018 was officially 1,770 or 147/month and coming down year on year.
However, who's to say what will happen this year or next.
I stand corrected.

(had in my mind a figure of 2,500 deaths from a few years back).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom