Covid-19 Discussion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone close the gates please? There's an ill wind blowing.....

What makes you think the UK taxpayer money was not included in the $245 million figure. Nothing in that itv article states that.

Where is your source for $345 million donation by Gates Foundation (and who donated that money to his foundation?)

The source was the link you posted to ITV - did you even read the link you posted 😂?

“In May, the Gates Foundation said it would spend $245 million to fight the coronavirus pandemic after already pledging over £100 million in March.”

Granted i may have slightly mis-calculated the gross dollar value depending on the RoE used but i fail to see how you can assume “his” donation was all from the UK government. Nothing to say otherwise - all down to how you interept the facts to support your view that all wealth is evil..

I would think it was Bill Gates who donated to his foundation from the wealth he accumulated from us all buying his products.

Apparently so.

Venture philanthropy.

I admire your determination but can you find anything that evidences Gates has benefited from his philanthropy? Granted he made have benefited from some tax breaks, but his wealth will be taxed at some point when he dies...

Granted i may have slightly mis-calculated the gross dollar value depending on the RoE used but i fail to see how you can assume “his” donation was all from the UK government. Nothing to say otherwise - all down to how you interept the facts to support your view that all wealth is evil..

I would think it was Bill Gates who donated to his foundation from the wealth he accumulated from us all buying his products.
I agree all down to how you interpret the very vague facts. However to me it is pretty clear as Mr Gates thanked Boris for the contribution that our money was given to the Gates Foundation.
You think one thing others think something else.

Personally, I don't see an issue with governments (UK included) investing in COVID-19 vaccine research.

And I don't particularly care how the Gates Foundation spends its money or who is funding it (in addition to Bill Gates).

Others may differ....

I agree all down to how you interpret the very vague facts. However to me it is pretty clear as Mr Gates thanked Boris for the contribution that our money was given to the Gates Foundation.
You think one thing others think something else.

Love the partial quote where you conveniently ignore the timeline and the fact that your sums don’t add up 😂

I was brought up to say thank you for gifts....

Love the partial quote where you conveniently ignore the timeline and the fact that your sums don’t add up 😂

I was brought up to say thank you for gifts....
I get it you love modern day philanthropy. I am sure Bill Gates will be picking up the bill for the UK populations vaccines, we are after all in a deep recession so it is the least he can do.

Haven't the Gates put in Tens of Billions to this foundation? (asked before but not answered)

Can't believe they are in it for the profit. :confused:

And Blair?

Clintons?

Obama?

All foundations with billions ... from somewhere. And not from speeches. Gates I get, as he was, at one time, the wealthiest man on the planet, but, the others?

Personally i think the bloke is cancerous

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Personally i think the bloke is cancerous

You and the Italian lady seem to agree on this. That's you view and you're entitled to it. I disagree, but like many other things in life it's down to personal opinion.

How did this thread go from discussing the origin of the virus to bashing Bill Gates?

And Blair?
Clintons?
Obama?
All foundations with billions ... from somewhere. And not from speeches. Gates I get, as he was, at one time, the wealthiest man on the planet, but, the others?

I never mentioned the others, only pointed out that the Gates do not seem to be in it for the money!
Am I missing something here?

I have to admit I have no idea on the Blair, Clinton or Obama foundations so I do not want (nor need) to comment.

My first immediate thought though is that there is likely a vast difference in the wealth of these people to that of the Gates?

How did this thread go from discussing the origin of the virus to bashing Bill Gates?

Simple. The conspiracy theory days that Bill Gates is the origin of the virus.

Simple. The conspiracy theory says that Bill Gates is the origin of the virus.

....but some of our esteemed members beat around the bush by posting bits of information about Gates' foundation, urging us to 'connect the dots' instead of just saying what they think.

I never mentioned the others, only pointed out that the Gates do not seem to be in it for the money!
Am I missing something here?

I have to admit I have no idea on the Blair, Clinton or Obama foundations so I do not want (nor need) to comment.

My first immediate thought though is that there is likely a vast difference in the wealth of these people to that of the Gates?

That's fair enough .... I think Gates is very philanthropic, but probably those around him are not so motivated, such as Blair, Obama and the Clintons ... nor Soros. You wouldn't instinctively put them in the Gates' category, would you.

Foundations seem to acquire money overnight. I can see their usefulness, as a non-profit basis still allows you to jet around the world staying in the swankiest places "on expenses" .... wonder why that appeals to Harry and Meagain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom