Covid-19 Discussion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All a question of consent. You have a choice to use social media if you wish. Everyone knows they are just mass data mining operations now.

Now the next generation is "Tracing" apps which will not be mandatory but peer pressure will be constructed so use is preferred. Maybe you will get social credits like in China if you are a good little citizen and comply. Free Starbucks coffee etc.

Then they will be mandatory when someone deems the risk high. Consent no longer required.

Ain't happening as far as i am concerned.

Are you seriously suggesting that use of social media is through free will, while the use of the tracing app will become mandatory through peer-pressure............?

I think you got it back to front.

All a question of consent. You have a choice to use social media if you wish. Everyone knows they are just mass data mining operations now.

Now the next generation is "Tracing" apps which will not be mandatory but peer pressure will be constructed so use is preferred. Maybe you will get social credits like in China if you are a good little citizen and comply. Free Starbucks coffee etc.

Then they will be mandatory when someone deems the risk high. Consent no longer required.

i doubt very much everyone knows what they are selling for their free social media accounts.

I look forward to my free, state provided, smartphone on which the tracing all will be installed.

Perhaps I should refuse my NINO so the government doesn’t know where I work and give back my passport so no one knows which country I am in..

im guessing you don’t use google maps and the like, or a credit card..

So why did Gates thank Boris for the money. Where did the UK govt money go to? Gavi?

it went to the foundation, not to Gates personally

perhaps you don’t thank the parents of your kids friends who give your kids presents

Are you seriously suggesting that use of social media is through free will, while the use of the tracing app will become mandatory through peer-pressure............?

I think you got it back to front.
No one is forced to start a Faceache account.

You will be forced one way or another to consent to being tracked. If you do not you will be killing old people or NHS workers oh the shame.

So why did Gates thank Boris for the money. Where did the UK govt money go to? Gavi?

Gates did not ask Boris to give him money.

He asked the UK Government to invest in vaccine research project, that his foundation was also donating to.

But with a slight spin, this simple fact is feeding all sort of speculation and misinformation.

No one is forced to start a Faceache account.

You will be forced one way or another to consent to being tracked. If you do not you will be killing old people or NHS workers oh the shame.

Headline news - old people die. As do too many young people sometimes as a result of life choices they make

If I stay at home, I’m less likely to get ill and need the NHS

To lessen risk, perhaps NHS staff, nurses in particular, could avoid traveling in public in in their uniforms picking up all sorts of bugs and dirt. Maybe they should get changed in a sterile environment so they can’t infect me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gates did not ask Boris to give him money.

He asked the UK Government to invest in vaccine research project, that his foundation was also donating to.

But with a slight spin, this simple fact is feeding all sort of speculation and misinformation.
So who got the bankers draft from UK plc? Gavi per chance?

Yep sitting at home or using a card in a shop. That is not tracking. There is little value in that data.

You might want to check that. The police use such records to trace missing people or persons of interest.

Credit card companies know where you are and what you spend - they use that data to identify and block potentially fraudulent transactions.

And don’t even get me started on supermarket loyalty cards - they even know when ladies are having their period. You can’t get much more personal than that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Headline news - old people die. As do too many young people sometimes as a result of life choices they make

If I stay at home, I’m less likely to get ill and need the NHS

To lessen risk, perhaps NHS staff, nurses in particular, could avoid traveling in public in in their uniforms picking up all sorts of bugs and diet. Maybe they should get changed in a sterile environment so they can’t infect me.
NHS staff are not allowed to wear uniform outside of hospitals.

In the West, we have advanced medicine and we use birth control measures such as contraceptives and family planning.

In the developing world, there is little use of contraceptives, but historically this was coupled with high child mortality rate due to illness and disease, and so the balance was maintainted as far as population growth is concerned.

What happened in recent decades, is that the population in the developing world increasingly has access to cheap generic drugs, through both patent expiration and voluntary licenses (pharmaceutical granting a royalty-free license to manufacture their patented drugs in developing countries) as well a massive drive to introduce free vaccination against childhood diseases.

But the net result is drastically lower child mortality rates in some of the world's poorer countries, and very quick population growth, leading to even more extreme poverty.

What many have said (this is not Gates' idea BTW) is that together with the introduction of free vaccination programmes in the developing world, we should also educate the population in these countries to use contraceptives and family planning, in order to prevent the further spread of poverty through rapid population growth in countries with limited resources.

Some see this as our responsibility and obligation to the people in these countries, because we (the West) created the problem in the first place via our drive to eliminate childhood disease.

Now, you may disagree, and many do, including due to religious reasons (some faiths prohibit the use of contraceptives), but also for other ideological reasons.

But both points of view - pro and con - are legitimate and do neither constitute a conspiracy theory.

The Gates Foundation promotes both free vaccination and birth control through use of contraceptives and family-planning in the developing world.

Obviously, this has been turned on its head by those seeking to discredit Gates. And that's where the facts end and the conspiracy theories start.

A tad uncharitable, MJ .... in fact I have alluded to Gates's philanthropy being used by others.

It never hurts to keep one's eyes and ears open ... the jigsaw pieces comes in different-shapes and at different rates. Sometimes they fit one jigsaw, sometimes another, or none. In this modern world, everyone has an angle.

You might want to check that. The police use such records to trace missing people or persons of interest.

Credit card companies know where you are and what you spend - they use that data to identify and block potentially fraudulent transactions.

And don’t even get me started on supermarket loyalty cards - they even know when ladies are having their period. You can’t get much more personal than that!
Again not really tracking.

Your current 4G smart phone, assuming it is not in airplane mode, will know where you have been. If you shop using a debit or credit card or loyalty card then yep you have been in that shop at that time no doubt. All this is not tracking on the scale that is to come.

Look into 5G and point clouds. The broadcasting antenna every 50 metres and the receiver smartphones in between all communicating with each other. Painting a point cloud as detailed as live HD video but digitally.

Last edited:
A tad uncharitable, MJ .... in fact I have alluded to Gates's philanthropy being used by others.

It never hurts to keep one's eyes and ears open ... the jigsaw pieces comes in different-shapes and at different rates. Sometimes they fit one jigsaw, sometimes another, or none. In this modern world, everyone has an angle.
No offence meant, but who am I being uncharitable to...? I was responding to a post by greenmanslk, BTW.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom