Covid-19 Discussion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the case of the Amazon Ring doorbell the data mining was covert. Hidden, not part of the T's & C's. You cannot normalise that. It is deception.

The currency we use to aquire these products is pounds sterling and any other hidden/ opaque commodity such as data yielded as part of product use needs to be stated explicity in the end user agreement/ t's & c's so consumers can make informed decisions.

This is what I was on about earlier, you throw in currency for no obvious reason, this is purely designed to make your readers wonder what currency has to do with your point. Classic attempt to confuse your reader.

This is what I was on about earlier, you throw in currency for no obvious reason, this is purely designed to make your readers wonder what currency has to do with your point. Classic attempt to confuse your reader.
Post 2919, the post i was replying to, introduces the notion that the currency we use to pay for services from tech companies is our data.

Something they made up to legitimise the practice of data farming which could be likened to your window cleaner selling photos of the interior of your home to a 3 rd party just because he has access to the view.

Last edited:
In the case of the Amazon Ring doorbell the data mining was covert. Hidden, not part of the T's & C's. You cannot normalise that. It is deception.

The currency we use to aquire these products is pounds sterling and any other hidden/ opaque commodity such as data yielded as part of product use needs to be stated explicity in the end user agreement/ t's & c's so consumers can make informed decisions.

OK, but all of this is totally OT to this thread?

Post 2919, the post i was replying to, introduces the notion that the currency we use to pay for services from tech companies is our data.

Something they made up to legitimise the practice of data farming which could be likened to your window cleaner selling photos of the interior of your home to a 3 rd party just because he has access to the view.
You know full well that wasn't the currency being discussed.

The World Economic Forum, creators of The Great Reset, released details of their CovidPass today. An immunity passport. Let's just hope you meet their criterea next time you want to travel.

Just as UK cases begin to rise again (perhaps because of increases in testing?) ...

.... the UK Govt decides to scrap the daily death toll "as the figures are not accurate":

Either they do not do irony, or ... are cases not translating into hospitalisation and deaths?

Surely the virus cannot have mutated into a milder form?

The World Economic Forum, creators of The Great Reset, released details of their CovidPass today. An immunity passport. Let's just hope you meet their criterea next time you want to travel.

Firstly travel, then draw out your cash ... and then where and when you can shop.

Online.

Well, it's sounds like a far better idea than my dilapidated paper immunisation book that I needed to take with me on my business trips to various parts of the world.

...but to each his own.

I am sure that there are people who are still grumbling about the fact that the paper tax disk of old was replaced by an electronic VED system that is enforced by ANPR. I am sure that the owners of the clamped cars that I see parked in the street from time to time do not appreciate the new system.

Well, it's sounds like a far better idea than my dilapidated paper immunisation book that I needed to take with me on my business trips to various parts of the world.
Lets have a worldwide referendum on the introduction of immunity passports then. That would be only democratic way to make a decision of such magnitude. Better still just bloody refuse to comply with this rubbish.

The majority, if not all countries, are now below the threshold for Covid-19 to be classed as national epidemics anyway so emergency legislation such as the Uk's Coronavirus bill 2020 should not be used as a justification to force things like this into law.

Last edited:
Just as UK cases begin to rise again (perhaps because of increases in testing?) ...

.... the UK Govt decides to scrap the daily death toll "as the figures are not accurate":

Either they do not do irony, or ... are cases not translating into hospitalisation and deaths?

Surely the virus cannot have mutated into a milder form?
Increase in cases due to an increase in testing, low hospital admissions & below average mortality rate = Herd immunity.

Lets have a worldwide referendum on the introduction of immunity passports then. That would be only democratic way to make a decision of such magnitude. Better still just bloody refuse to comply with this rubbish.

Democratic regimes are elected by the people, and pass legislation via the house of representatives.

Any legislation passed in this way is deemed to be the will of the people.

But you know that... throwing a referendum into the mix is just an attempt at obfuscation.

Any legislation passed in this way is deemed to be the will of the people.
"Deemed to be the will of the people" is just not good enough i am afraid. It will not stand.

If unelected NGO's (like the World Economic Forum) and self interest groups (Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation) are involved in shaping global policies then a form of direct democracy, such as is practised in Switzerland, is the only way forward.

"Deemed to be the will of the people" is just not good enough i am afraid. It will not stand.

That's how representative democracies work.

If that's not good enough... what are you proposing as an alternative?

That's how representative democracies work.

If that's not good enough... what are you proposing as an alternative?
Already stated in my previous post...

If unelected NGO's (like the World Economic Forum) and self interest groups (Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation) are involved in shaping global policies then a form of direct democracy, such as is practised in Switzerland, is the only way forward.

...a form of direct democracy, such as is practised in Switzerland, is the only way forward.

Switzerland is a country of 8m people.... might be a bit difficult to run a system of direct democracy in the UK.

Also, do you really think it's a good idea? There's zero individual accountability.

The system we have now is one where we chose the people who we want to govern the UK, then let them do their job, with our representatives in parliament keeping the government in check.

This sound to me like a far more mature system than simply running the country by a series of popular votes.

“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.” - George Carlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom