Covid-19 Discussion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile, back in the real world:

This article speaks to the issues caused by lack of transparency in HMG's decision-making regarding Covid-19 restrictions, and the lack of reliability in the published statistics. The two factors combine to create a vacuum filled by speculation (at best) and conspiracy theories (at worst). Add in sections of the media whose agenda is to paint everything HMG does as being wrong, plus a public who are becoming jaded by the march of the infection while simultaneously seeing their financial future under serious threat, and it's little wonder that things are getting fractious.

Show me the identical photo taken 20 years ago. If you can then i will concede the aerial shot was not relevant to the event last Saturday...

..Just Google "Loveparade 2000" and you'll find the photo....

20200803-120612.jpg

Third row, righthand side.

20200803-120612.jpg

Everyone knows that Google is part of the conspiracy, and will have changed search results to make us think that it’s an old photo, because they and the rest of the illuminati are becoming worried about the size or the uprising, and it could bring down their dastardly plan which has been decades in the making.

Or it could just be an old photo used by someone to further their own agenda.

Quite right :)

Just Google "Loveparade 2000" and you'll find the photo.... :doh:

I guess I'll now never get an answer to my question who is behind the 'conspiracy'.... 🤔

Now now Mark - be fair to Chip ;)

This is clearly Microsoft manipulation of the true event, supported by the evil Master Mind Bill Gates, as part of the illuminati's support for Donald Trump, who is clearly a merely a puppet with a faulty string on his thumb...

20200803-120612.jpg

Yep same photo. My mistake, posted in good faith as the livestream video shows the same level of crowd density on Die Strasse 17 Juin during this event.

Yep same photo. My mistake, posted in good faith as the livestream video shows the same level of crowd density on Die Strasse 17 Juin during this event.

Who do I complain to about the clear lack of fact checking?

The German authorities and the German press estimated the crowd to be between 17,000 and 20,000 strong.

Some sources on the Internet claim that there were in fact up to 1.3m participants.

The video clips are neither here not there.

What made you accept one version of events over the other without questioning it?

I am curious as to the thought process behind it.

The German authorities and the German press estimated the crowd to be between 17,000 and 20,000 strong.

Some sources on the Internet claim that there were in fact up to 1.3m participants.

The video clips are neither here not there.

What made you accept one version of events over the other without questioning it?

I am curious as to the thought process behind it.

The thought process is you watch the video and you can see the crowds are massive.

If you have never been there or have no idea of scale open google maps and select street view and you will see how wide that street is. It takes a lot of people to fill it. There is also the Tiergarten to consider either side of this road.

The thought process is you watch the video and you can see the crowds are massive.

If you have never been there or have no idea of scale open google maps and select street view and you will see how wide that street is. It takes a lot of people to fill it. There is also the Tiergarten to consider either side of this road.

If you read articles about photographers and photography one of the things you notice about the culture of the people involved is that the intent is 'to tell a story'.

And therein lies the very long established problem with photography - even without fakery and blatant misdirection.

We have seen this consistently with he beach and park shots *taken* and *chosen* by the established media to tell the story of crowds and lack of social distancing when there is in fact very little issue (and therefore no story?) if the images are more truthful.

Every photograph you see in the mainstream media is chosen - with varying degrees of bias. Non mainstream media is IMO rather worse - particularly when it comes to attribution.

If you read articles about photographers and photography one of the things you notice about the culture of the people involved is that the intent is 'to tell a story'.

And therein lies the very long established problem with photography - even without fakery and blatant misdirection.

We have seen this consistently with he beach and park shots *taken* and *chosen* by the established media to tell the story of crowds and lack of social distancing when there is in fact very little issue (and therefore no story?) if the images are more truthful.

Every photograph you see in the mainstream media is chosen - with varying degrees of bias. Non mainstream media is IMO rather worse - particularly when it comes to attribution.
The news report piece on the Berlin protests features 2 photos, the first a close up (or detail?video still?) and the second (Reuters) a novel use of the large "Freiheit Tag" banner which obsures any view of the crowds through the Brandenbug Gate. The video seem to avoid any long shots fo some reason. A story is indeed being told.

Last edited:

And from that, you were able to tell the difference between a crowd of 20,000 and a crowd of 1.3m? I highly doubt it. No photo or video taken at street level can capture this. I don't know how many people were there... but neither do you. Yet you chose the version of events that fits your preconceived ideas and then re-posted it as the truth. We are supposed to win the battle against SARS-Cov-2 using science and medicine. That kind of approach takes us 300 years back. Not helpful.

And from that, you were able to tell the difference between a crowd of 20,000 and a crowd of 1.3m? I highly doubt it. No photo or video taken at street level can capture this. I don't know how many people were there... but neither do you. Yet you chose the version of events that fits your preconceived ideas and then re-posted it as the truth. We are supposed to win the battle against SARS-Cov-2 using science and medicine. That kind of approach takes us 300 years back. Not helpful.
You obviously have not watched the livestream video. It is filmed from an elevated stage not street level.

Win the battle against a virus by destroying society. How does that work then?

Think this just goes to prove that those who think this is all some big master plan will believe and share what they like.

Win the battle against a virus by destroying society. How does that work then?

And spreading fear, conspiracy theories, and fake news, will work?

The magnitude of the conspiracy theories is in direct proportion to the threat of the virus. People are rightly afraid of the virus, and so the only way to make use of this fear and channel their behaviour is by demonstrating a threat even bigger than the one they are already facing. The fear of an all-encompassing evil master plan to take away our freedoms and enslave us all is aimed at outdoing the fear of the virus. And it works. On some people, anyway.

But none of it is medicine or science... or, rather, it is a blatant abuse of the behavioural sciences. We know how to scare people into submission. And this is exactly what the conspiracy theories about Bill and Melinda Gates, Soros, 5g, Davos, Agenda 21, The Big Reset, New World Order, Event 201, and even the Lizard people who occupy the bodies of our leaders, do.

And spreading fear, conspiracy theories, and fake news, will work?

The magnitude of the conspiracy theories is in direct proportion to the threat of the virus. People are rightly afraid of the virus, and so the only way to make use of this fear and channel their behaviour is by demonstrating a threat even bigger than the one they are already facing. The fear of an all-encompassing evil master plan to take away our freedoms and enslave us all is aimed at outdoing the fear of the virus. And it works. On simple people, anyway.

But none of it is medicine or science... or, rather, it is a blatant abuse of the behavioural sciences. We know how to scare people into submission. And this is exactly what the conspiracy theories about Bill and Melinda Gates, Soros, 5g, Davos, Agenda 21, The Big Reset, New World Order, Event 201, and even the Lizard people who occupy the bodies of our leaders, do.

my bold

You obviously have not watched the livestream video. It is filmed from an elevated stage not street level.

The footage you originally posted was 5 hours and 50 minutes long, with German narration... so no, I did not watch it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom