Covid-19 Discussion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come off it.... we're not buying it. The distinction between deaths with and without pre existing conditions is irrelevant to the discussion at hand, and you know it. 1,300-odd is tiny number out of the total COVID-19-related deaths. The relevant question is what percentage of the 40,000+ people who died with COVID-19, also died from COVID-19. You don't know the answer, fair enough, but hanging-on to other irrelevant figures just because it suits the narrative isn't really science, is it?
What are the common causes of death prior to c-19? You can seperate them if you like to 2 categories. In hospital and in care home.

What are the common causes of death prior to c-19? You can seperate them if you like to 2 categories. In hospital and in care home.

I don't know, and it doesn't matter... we need to look at overall excess deaths, and we can then assume that they are the results of COVID-19 in one way or another.

This will include indirect increases in deaths for example as result of avoiding or delaying other medical treatments, and indirect reduction in deaths for examples as result of less road traffic accidents and reduced pollution etc. And, some of the long-term effects will not be seen for a while (delayed chemos, etc), so it will need to be looked-at again also over a longer period (years). No doubt the data gathered will be used and analysed in very many studies in future years.

If we look at the 'all-cause mortality excess deaths, at the end of the pandemic' we will see the only meaningful statistic that we will ever get regarding COVID-19 deaths. And I say 'meaningful', not 'precise' or 'accurate'. It wasn't me who came up with this - it was Prof Chris Whitty, BTW, but he is a 'Scientist', which has become a dirty word.

In short... picking and choosing figures then throwing them about at this early stage is pseudo-science.

Plandemic
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The logic behind these videos is very simple:

If the government said it, or it is in main-stream media, then it must be false.

The man said something that the government didn't say, and wasn't in the mainstream media, so it must true.

It's a form of Syllogism.... :D

This may be a revelation to you but disease such as cancer or heart disease will have a detrimental effect on a persons immune system.

No revelation at all. Nor is it a revelation that your sentence is in the usual from you patronising tone.

Medication for said conditions also may weaken an immune system. Then along comes a Coronavirus and hey presto the immune system cannot fight anymore.

Prior to that though, they were fine. They weren't going live forever - none of us will - but there was still life in them until C-19 arrived - and finished them.

You would say the person died FROM coronavirus even through they were in the advanced stages of cancer.

You have chosen to reside in that place that the UK went hell for leather to avoid. Namely, deciding who did and didn't have enough fitness to survive contracting C-19. The overwhelming of the NHS beyond its capacity to deal with all C-19 cases would have left clinicians rationing healthcare on survival probabilities - and no one but no one wanted them placed in that predicament. Thankfully (for now at least) we have avoided that and moved on - but you are stuck there.

The logic behind these videos is very simple:

If the government said it, or it is in main-stream media, then it must be false.

The man said something that the government didn't say, and wasn't in the mainstream media, so it must true.

It's a form of Syllogism.... :D
Sorites ?

[QUOTE="Bellow, post: 2914832, member: 33841"

Prior to that though, they were fine. They weren't going live forever - none of us will - but there was still life in them until C-19 arrived - and finished them.

[/QUOTE]

It is official all forms of cancer and heart disease no longer count. No one dies of them anymore. It is all Covid-19 because the World Health Organisation and the BBC told you so.

I suppose you will accept cancer and heart disease kills lots of people again after everyone is vaccinated.

"Coronavirus was brought into the UK on at least 1,300 occasions, a major analysis of the genetics of the virus shows.
The study, by the Covid-19 Genomics UK consortium, quashes the idea that a single "patient zero" started the whole UK outbreak.
The analysis also finds China, where the pandemic started, had a negligible impact on cases in the UK and instead most cases came in from European countries."

Sorites ?

Yes:

'In a form, defined by Aristotle, from the combination of a general statement (the major premise) and a specific statement (the minor premise), a conclusion is deduced. For example, knowing that all men are mortal (major premise) and that Socrates is a man (minor premise), we may validly conclude that Socrates is mortal.' (Wikipedia)

"Coronavirus was brought into the UK on at least 1,300 occasions, a major analysis of the genetics of the virus shows.
The study, by the Covid-19 Genomics UK consortium, quashes the idea that a single "patient zero" started the whole UK outbreak.
The analysis also finds China, where the pandemic started, had a negligible impact on cases in the UK and instead most cases came in from European countries."

Sounds plausible. I would be unreasonable for COVID-19 to have a single point-of-entry into the UK, given the number of daily commercial flights (and trains, and ferries) between the UK and other countries that had the COVID-19 outbreak before we did.

It is official all forms of cancer and heart disease no longer count. No one dies of them anymore. It is all Covid-19 because the World Health Organisation and the BBC told you so.

To the tune of a John Lennon song - 'Give disease a chance'

I suppose you will accept cancer and heart disease kills lots of people again after everyone is vaccinated.

Eventually, if a virus doesn't get there first.

Thanks for that link.

More detail on the analysis for those interested here: Preliminary analysis of SARS-CoV-2 importation & establishment of UK transmission lineages

To the tune of a John Lennon song - 'Give disease a chance'

Eventually, if a virus doesn't get there first.

In Germany they are doing autopsies on coronavirus victims.

I don’t know what amazes more about this thread, the perseverance of the majority or the minority.

I do know what surprises me more though, the tolerance of the majority.

I‘m still reading this thread because I learn from the majority, but I’m past contributing (for now).

Vive la difference.

I don’t know what amazes more about this thread, the perseverance of the majority or the minority.

I do know what surprises me more though, the tolerance of the majority .

I‘m still reading this thread because I learn from the majority, but I’m past contributing (for now).

Vive la difference.

Dr. F called it correctly a week or so back when he wrote - ''There's no meat on the bone - stop biting''

Someone here can't tell masturbate from debate. He's just w@nking over the forum for something to do.

In Germany they are doing autopsies on coronavirus victims.

It's a classic chicken and egg situation.
How do they know that they are Coronavirus victims before they carried-out the autopsy? Hmm....

In 1347 it was God's revenge for you not turning up at Sunday service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom