Covid-19 Discussion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep you are right MJ. Someone is writing a work of science fiction and attempting to make it come true.

His name is Klaus Schwab. Apparently an economist and Founder of the World Economic Forum and other NGO's so he must be a philanthropist as well.

He even wrote a book about his fantasy world called The Fourth Industrial Revolution (2016) and Shaping the Fourth Industrial Revolution (2018). Neither of them were best sellers.

Here are some reviews on Amazon.

The world is full of dreamers, even 82 year old german economists.

Don't worry about him. You can safely ignore the chap. The world is full of loonies with 'great' ideas. Nothing will change anyway. It's all good :thumb:

Last edited:
Don't worry about him. You can safely ignore the chap. The world if full of loonies with 'great' ideas. Nothing will change anyway. It's all good :thumb:
Let's just hope the rest of the Bilderburger attendees ignore his advice.

They can take anyone away against your will for isolation and testing

Our liberties are protected by the two houses. One of which is made-up of people we elected, and who are accountable to us (if they wish to be re-elected, anyway, and most do). The roots of his system lie with the Doomsday Book and Magna Carta, so we're talking about a millennia or so. It seems to have protected our liberties quite well so far, event through a few pandemics and two World Wars. So you know what? I sleep well, and the best advice I can give you is that you ignore the alarmists and do the same.

Our liberties are protected by the two houses. One of which is made-up of people we elected, and who are accountable to us (if they wish to be re-elected, anyway, and most do). The roots of his system lie with the Doomsday Book and Magna Carta, so we're talking about a millennia or so. It seems to have protected our liberties quite well so far, event through a few pandemics and two World Wars. So you know what? I sleep well, and the best advice I can give you is that you ignore the alarmists and do the same.

I agree ... now that Bercow has gone. He showed how vulnerable our democratic system is to manipulation, if not worse.

There is, of course, also the case of the missing ballot boxes in the 2015 General Election in South Thanet involving a certain N. Farage who lost by just under 3000 votes.

Not to mention the Peterborough postal voting scandal.

And the Electoral Commission bias.

The times they are indeed a changing.

I agree ... now that Bercow has gone. He showed how vulnerable our democratic system is to manipulation, if not worse.

There is, of course, also the case of the missing ballot boxes in the 2015 General Election in South Thanet involving a certain N. Farage who lost by just under 3000 votes.

All minor hiccups. Our democracy is bigger and stronger than any of these singular event. Do you really think we never had a 'Bercow" in parliament before....? Times aren't changing... David Bowey got this one wrong ;)

Postal voting , what a scam . I have had the postal vote for years as I could not guarantee I would be in the UK to vote personally due to my work taking me overseas at a moments notice. ..That was then, in recent years the postal vote was given to pretty much anyone who asked for it and very soon after strange voting 'patterns' emerged.

I like the Australian system (if it is still in place) , if you are on the electoral role and you do not turn up to vote without a very good excuse you are fined , IIRC it was AUS$ 100 last time I was there. Spoil your ballot paper if you choose to do so , but at least you turned up to vote.

As for taking voting 'on line' ...forget it.

Postal voting , what a scam . I have had the postal vote for years as I could not guarantee I would be in the UK to vote personally due to my work taking me overseas at a moments notice. ..That was then, in recent years the postal vote was given to pretty much anyone who asked for it and very soon after strange voting 'patterns' emerged.

I like the Australian system (if it is still in place) , if you are on the electoral role and you do not turn up to vote without a very good excuse you are fined , IIRC it was AUS$ 100 last time I was there. Spoil your ballot paper if you choose to do so , but at least you turned up to vote.

As for taking voting 'on line' ...forget it.
I think it’s mandatory to vote in Greece.

All minor hiccups. Our democracy is bigger and stronger than any of these singular event. Do you really think we never had a 'Bercow" in parliament before....? Times aren't changing... David Bowey got this one wrong ;)
I thought it was Bob Dylan

According to some thinkers, the greatest inequality that awaits us in future generation will be in health care. Look-up Harari, for example.

The rich always enjoyed a better life, with some health advantages resulting from being able to avoid risk factors such as certain types of manual labour, pollution, poor diet, etc, and from having better access to doctors and medicine.

But the breakthrough that we will see in future generation will make all this pale in comparison. The future of health care goes well beyond doctors and drugs; we are looking at transplants of lab-grown organs, cure for serious or terminal illness via genetic engineering, various life-extending and anti-ageing treatments that will potentially allow - those who can afford them - to live a healthy, disease-free life, reaching a three-figure age while remaining physically and mentally young.

The one thing we can be sure of, is that this will all be very very expensive. And in a generation or two this will be the key differentiator between the poor and the rich. And it will be far more significant than any gap we had historically between the princes and the paupers.

So we are looking a potential future that the rich will not only live much more comfortable and healthier lives, which is how it was over the past centuries, but also the rich will live much longer and will remain younger... and potentially even immune and premature death.

Communism can't stop this inequality from happening... there's no doubt that when this becomes a reality, e.g. the wealthy people in China will have access to the technology and science well before the rest of their (by then) 2 Billion population will.

Western countries are trying to mitigate this massive potential inequality via their social and health care systems - e.g. the NHS in the UK, or the (now defunct) Obamacare in the US. But even so, the population in Western countries (West Europe, North America, Australia & NZ, and perhaps also Japan) amount to just about 20% of the world's population. The majority of people living in South America, Africa, East Europe, Asia, etc, do not have - and will not have - access to the advanced and expensive life-extending medical science.

This state of affairs will make the pharmaceuticals very happy, for two reasons. The first is that the Holly Grail for them has always been any treatment that extends life and at the same time makes the patient dependent on it - this is a guaranteed income for years to come. The second is that they are only really interested in those markets and patients who can afford to pay for their treatment and drugs.

What works against the pharmaceuticals, are organisations such as Governments, the WHO, and various Charities and Foundations who force the pharmaceuticals into making their drugs and treatments available to poorer people and to poorer counties. Look-up 'Voluntary License', for example, which allows Indian factories to manufacture almost any patented drug they like without paying royalties, as long as it's for internal consumption in India. Almost all of the initiatives for vaccinations and availability of medications and treatments in the developing world originate from bodies who seek to compel the pharmaceuticals into parting with their well-guarded Intellectual Property for the greater good.

There is also some commercial logic to it, because the pharmaceuticals are requested to give-away their IP only in markets that would not have been able to pay for them in the first place, so any 'loss of income' is on paper only - in reality there would have been little revenue from these markets anyway. The risk for the pharmaceuticals, however, is that some of these medicines manufactured locally will find their way via scruples traders into the Western market where they will be sold at cut prices and undermine the pharmaceuticals ability to recoup the R&D investee within the protected patent period (20 years).

The modern Luddites, who oppose these initiatives through fear and ignorance, or those who distrust the organisations promoting these initiatives simply because they cannot fathom why would anyone be doing something that does not server their own financial interests, are in fact working against the 80% of the world population who stand to benefit from spreading of the benefits of otherwise-unaffordable medical treatments beyond the 20% who reside in Western countries. I can only imagine how pharmaceuticals' bosses look at all these conspiracy theories with a smirk.

Last edited:
Please ignore previous post - below is the latest version with no (or fewer?) errors...

According to some contemporary thinkers, the greatest inequality that awaits us in future generations will be in healthcare. Look-up Harari, for example.

The rich always enjoyed a better life, with some health advantages resulting from being able to avoid risk factors such as certain types of manual labour, pollution, poor diet, etc, and from having better access to doctors and medicines.

But the breakthrough that we will see in future generations will make all this pale in comparison. The future of health care goes well beyond access to doctors and drugs; we are looking at transplants of lab-grown organs, cure for serious or terminal illness via genetic engineering, various life-extending and anti-ageing treatments that will potentially allow - those who can afford them - to live a healthy, disease-free life, reaching a three-figure age while remaining physically and mentally young.

The one thing we can be sure of, is that this will all be very very expensive. And in a generation or two this will be the key differentiator between the poor and the rich. And it will be far more significant than any gap we had historically between the princes and the paupers of this world.

So we are looking at a potential future where the rich will not only live much more comfortable and healthier lives, which is how it was over the past centuries, but also the rich will live much longer and will remain younger... and potentially even immune and premature death.

Communism can't stop this inequality from happening... e.g. there's no doubt that when this becomes a reality, the wealthy people in China will have access to the technology and science well before the rest of their (by then) 2 Billion population will.

Western countries are trying to mitigate this massive potential inequality via their social and public healthcare systems - e.g. the NHS in the UK, or the (now defunct) Obamacare in the US. But even so, the population in what we usually refer to as Western countries (West Europe, North America, Australia & NZ, and Japan) amount to just about 20% of the world's overall population. The majority of people living in South America, Africa, East Europe, Asia, etc, do not have - and will not have - access to the advanced and expensive life-extending medical sciences.

This state of affairs will make the pharmaceuticals very happy, for two reasons. The first is that the Holly Grail for them has always been any treatment that extends life and at the same time makes the patient dependent on it - this is a guaranteed income for years to come. The second is that they are only really interested in those markets and patients who can afford to pay for their treatment and drugs.

What works against the pharmaceuticals, are organisations such as Governments, the WHO, and various Charities and Foundations who force the pharmaceuticals into making their drugs and treatments available to poorer people and to poorer counties. Look-up 'Voluntary License', for example, which allows Indian factories to manufacture almost any patented drug they like without paying royalties, as long as it's for internal consumption in India. Almost all of the initiatives for vaccinations and availability of medications and treatments in the developing world originate from bodies who seek to compel the pharmaceuticals into parting with their well-guarded Intellectual Property for the greater good.

There is also some commercial logic to it, because the pharmaceuticals are requested to give-away their IP only in markets that would not have been able to pay for their products in the first place, so any 'loss of income' is on paper only - in reality there would have been little revenue from these markets anyway. The risk for the pharmaceuticals, however, is that some of these medicines manufactured locally will find their way via scruples traders into Western markets where they will be sold at cut-prices and undermine the pharmaceuticals ability to recoup their R&D investment within the protected patent period (20 years).

The modern Luddites, who oppose these initiatives through fear and ignorance, or those who distrust the organisations promoting these initiatives simply because they cannot fathom why would anyone be doing something that does not server their own financial interests, are in fact working against the 80% of the world population who stand to benefit from spreading of the benefits of otherwise-unaffordable medical treatments beyond the 20% who reside in Western countries. I can only imagine how pharmaceuticals' bosses look at all these conspiracy theories with a smirk.

^^ The UK Covid-19 mortality rates for the poorest areas compared to the wealthiest is double.

Are there statistics for this? "Less likely" is not a figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom