Covid-19 Discussion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The wider population will not continue with consensual lockdown indefinitely. Sooner or later, things have to return to some sort of functional normality where they are once again exposed to risks of infection from C19 and other viruses/bugs. If it's not C19, something else will come along sooner or later. Without immunity, the bodies will pile up and indeed needs to happen before the wider public truly understand and believe in the risk.

I don't subscribe to the view that this all part of some wider initiative to manipulate society towards a different social model, but it's easy to see why some people do.

Being a rational person (or, considering myself to be one, anyway), I often struggle to understand the logic (or lack of) behind conspiracy theories.

I have no issue with esoteric ideas as such; as long as the argumention behind them is coherent, consistent, and contains no internal contradictions.

Israeli's protesting against lockdown.

Yep that is happening all over, just it is rarely covered by the media and if it is it is called an extreme right wing rally.

Infection levels do not tell the full story. How many hospitalisations? Not mentioned here because it does not suit their plague apocalypse narrative.

In total 362 people have died from/ with Coronavirus in Israel.

The protests weren't right-wing people protesting against the lockdown as such; they were working people, mostly the self-employed, complaining about the Israeli treasury's poor response, and the lacking financial assistance package. The reason that we don't see the same protests in the UK is very simple: Rishi Sunak.

New cases in Israel were down to 1 a day a couple of weeks ago, and now two weeks into the relaxation of the lockdown they soared to over a thousand a day.

Of course the lockdown needs to be eased - but gradually. Two quick, too soon, and we will end-up having to impose a full lockdown all over again.

The protests weren't right-wing people protesting against the lockdown as such; they were working people, mostly the self-employed, complaining about the Israeli treasury's poor response, and the lacking financial assistance package. The reason that we don't see the same protests in the UK is very simple: Rishi Sunak.

New cases in Israel were down to 1 a day a couple of weeks ago, and now two weeks into the relaxation of the lockdown they soared to over a thousand a day.

Of course the lockdown needs to be eased - but gradually. Two quick, too soon, and we will end-up having to impose a full lockdown all over again.
How do you know that? Looked to me as if they were anti Netanyahu protests. Which would make them left wing politically. A common occurence in Israel.

More testing = more cases. It is almost as if the tests are identifying anyone who has ever had a coronavirus, which is everyone. Look at Leicester.

And hospitalizations? They do not mention that figure because the hospitals, just like here, are empty.

Last edited:
How do you know that? Looked to me as if they were anti Netanyahu protests. Which would make them left wing politically. A common occurence in Israel...

I read the news... it's all there. It's largely the self-employed.

Infection levels do not tell the full story. How many hospitalisations? Not mentioned here because it does not suit their plague apocalypse narrative.

In total 362 people have died from/ with Coronavirus in Israel.

And the number of deaths doesn't tell the full story either.

The numbers are impacted by behavioural changes.

Without suitable qualification then numbers / stats can be made to apparently suit anybody's narrative.

Being a rational person (or, considering myself to be one, anyway), I often struggle to understand the logic (or lack of) behind conspiracy theories.

I have no issue with esoteric ideas as such; as long as the argumention behind them is coherent, consistent, and contains no internal contradictions.

Do you have an IPhone? Go to settings, privacy, health, and see what’s been stuck on your phone without your consent .

I believe the same is true of Android platforms.

Do you have an IPhone? Go to settings, privacy, health, and see what’s been stuck on your phone without your consent .

Nothing on mine :dk: I’m feeling left out :p

Mine shows Covid19 exposure logging - Off

It's the default position, I wasn't aware it was there to have changed the setting.

Sorry this doesn't fit you're agenda.

Why are you assuming that I did not consent? I am happy for Google at al to have access to my personal data in return to the services they provide. Same goes for Mercedes Me, Waze, WhatsApp, Amazon, and even.... mbclub.co.uk.

You may think differently, and that's your prerogative. I have no issue with it whatsoever.

Have those using an Android smartphone noticed the COVID-19 exposure notification app loaded onto your phones?
Go to settings-Google[services and settings] ....
If you delete/uninstall it it will be re-installed within 48hrs..

It is indeed all down to that most democratic of things consent.

You have the choice to walk around with a smart phone or not so it is all down to the individual.

Personally i think these technocrats should get a "proper job" instead of being parasites farming and selling peoples personal data to all and sundry.

Humans tracking other humans is not something that should be considered normal under any cirumstances.

I do not consent to that.

In Leicester they are knocking on peoples doors to test them. Under the coronavirus act you have no right to refuse. In fact you can be detained for refusing. That also includes your children.

Last edited:
I suppose that if it was 11th August 1939, you would refuse the Blackout, on the grounds that the Germans aren't dangerous, that it is all a plot by the Elite to scare, frighten, and control the population by keeping them in the dark (literally), that the Spanish Flu killed more people than the Germans ever did, that Churchill is a Sheeple of the Illuminati, that the Stuka dive bombers are only dangerous for people living near factories in the Docklands and so only they needed to have the Blackout, and that under the false pretence of a 'national emergency' your right to gas light at night is being taken away from you? And then, after the War, you will have claimed that you were right l along - because we did have a New World Order after WW2?

You have the choice to walk around with a smart phone or not so it is all down to the individual.

Personally i think these technocrats should get a "proper job" instead of being parasites farming and selling peoples personal data to all and sundry.

Humans tracking other humans is not something that should be considered normal under any cirumstances.

In Leicester they are knocking on peoples doors to test them. Under the coronavirus act you have no right to refuse. In fact you can be detained for refusing. That also includes your children.

My bold highlight above.

I would preface that sentence with "For the moment ..."

Blackout air raid warnings are not an existential threat they are a definite threat. More than 2,000 people died on one night in Tyneside due to air raids.

What is the relevance of WW2 to an existential health crisis that now seeks to erode my democratic right of consent?

You want to do that. Let's have a referendum. See who wins.

The Covid tracker turned up as part of an update to iOS and by default is disabled.

User acceptance is part of the update process where the user has to agree to the T&Cs. Don't agree with them? Don't use the device.

Blackout air raid warnings are not an existential threat they are a definite threat. More than 2,000 people died on one night in Tyneside due to air raids.

What is the relevance of WW2 to an existential health crisis that now seeks to erode my democratic right of consent?

You want to do that. Let's have a referendum. See who wins.

What WW2 and COVID-19 have in common?

Both represented a national emergency, and in both cases the government exercised its right to kerb some of people's individual freedoms for the greater good in times of national emergency.

What WW2 and COVID-19 have in common?

Both represented a national emergency, and in both cases the government exercised its right to kerb some of people's individual freedoms for the greater good in times of national emergency.
I am sorry but personally i find it ludicrous to suggest that world war 2 has any relevance to this coronavirus health crisis.

The scale of totally avoidable deaths in WW2 dwarfs anything a coronvirus could ever achieve unless of course you are using one of Professor Neil Fergusson's defective fantasy computer models.

Maybe look up some history of deaths in your local area , or any industrial area of the UK, during WW2 and you will be shocked at the scale.

I was when i looked into it for my mother some years ago, hence the 2000 deaths in one night on Tyneside.

Is this not similar to when Hitler went around knocking on doors of Jews and then had a Star painted on them before removal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom