Covid-19 Discussion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Including your claim of that politician being "well respected" ?

He is by a large part of the electorate.
Not so much by the rest of the intelligent world granted.

I said most of this in March, Conspiricy ? maybe maybe not as time go's by more and more worries become a reality.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
The Trump jnr tweet that was deleted is the video i posted of the doctors talking about their experiences.

Apparently Twitter is Judge, Jury & Executioner. What a joke.

Personally I think that the joke here is Donald Trump Jr....

The worlds population is 7.800.000.000 people.

Assuming everyone feels democracy is the way forward for the world I guess if the worlds population were 50.1% pro Twitter authoritarian rule then it would be legitimate for them to enforce censorship like they have currently decided to do.

Trouble is they only have 321,000,000 users currently.

Some way short.

Assuming everyone feels democracy is the way forward for the world I guess if the worlds population were 50.1% pro Twitter authoritarian rule then it would be legitimate for them to enforce censorship like they have currently decided to do.

Some way short.

So Twitter removed some content that you agreed with. It happens. Get over it. Life goes on... it's only Twitter. No need to get all grumpy over it.

Some way short.
No idea what you are on about.

Whats Twitter ?

Is it something of importance.

A place for twits and such like?;)

POST 1602
Hitchens' razor is an epistemological razor expressed by writer Christopher Hitchens. It says that the burden of proof regarding the truthfulness of a claim lies with the one who makes the claim; if this burden is not met, then the claim is unfounded, and its opponents need not argue further in order to dismiss it.
Hitchens has phrased the razor in writing as "What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." For those with a degree in the Classics like our current P. M . quod grātīs asseritur, grātīs negātur

POST 1602
Hitchens' razor is an epistemological razor expressed by writer Christopher Hitchens. It says that the burden of proof regarding the truthfulness of a claim lies with the one who makes the claim; if this burden is not met, then the claim is unfounded, and its opponents need not argue further in order to dismiss it.
Hitchens has phrased the razor in writing as "What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." For those with a degree in the Classics like our current P. M . quod grātīs asseritur, grātīs negātur

You've just killed about a thousand conspiracy theories in one stroke of the pen...

It is spelt Twatter not Twitter.

Yes censorship is important.
Twitter is no different from this forum in that it is owned and operated according to a set of terms and conditions that include the owners reserving the right to mangage the posted content. We are not for example permitted to post religious or offensive material etc on here.

If Twitter choose to take down posted content, that's up to them.

Twitter is no different from this forum in that it is owned and operated according to a set of terms and conditions that include the owners reserving the right to mangage the posted content. We are not for example permitted to post religious or offensive material etc on here.

As above.

Also, privately-owned media channels do not have to be impartial or objective.

We complain about the BBC being this and that, but then it's a public service paid via our mandatory TV license fees.

But we know and accept that the Guardian will print libertarian left-wing articles while the Daily Mail is firmly planted in the right.

In the US the New York Times will launch itself at Trump whenever possible while Fox News will take a bullet for him.

And so it goes....

As above.

Also, privately-owned media channels do not have to be impartial or objective.

We complain about the BBC being this and that, but then it's a public service paid via our mandatory TV license fees.

But we know and accept that the Guardian will print libertarian left-wing articles while the Daily Mail is firmly planted in the right.

In the US the New York Times will launch itself at Trump whenever possible while Fox News will take a bullet for him.

And so it goes....
... and CNN wouldn't 'call the fire brigade' if he was on fire. I was going to use another phrase, but chose not to. ;)

In principle that is true of social media platforms, but Trump is trying to change that in the US. That couldn't happen here of course!! :devil::dk:

Administration asks FCC to carry out Trump's tech crackdown

In principle that is true of social media platforms, but Trump is trying to change that in the US. That couldn't happen here of course!! :devil::dk:

Administration asks FCC to carry out Trump's tech crackdown

This debate was held here in the mid-nineties (remember Pipex? The UK Internet giant of the era).

ISPs were given a status of Common Carrier, similar to the telephone provider and the post office, I.e. they have no liability regarding the content they traffic through their network and they are not obliged to regulate it (I vaguely remember a court case but that was 25 years ago). It was generally regarded as Open Internet.

That was then, now we have not just ISPs but also Social Media.

I think that placing a legal liability on Social Media to moderate in advance is nigh-on impossible. The best that that they can be obliged to do is remove offensive or libelous or illegal content as soon as they are made aware of it, i.e. passive moderation in retrospect.

I think that placing a legal liability on Social Media to moderate in advance is nigh-on impossible. The best that that they can be obliged to do is remove offensive or libelous or illegal content as soon as they are made aware of it, i.e. passive moderation in retrospect.
A form of "moderation in advance" has already been legislated for in the EU's digital copyright legislation so it is soon to become a reality. The UK once free come 2021 will not follow these EU rules.

The UK once free come 2021 will not follow these EU rules.

There's a danger of this evolving / dissolving into the Brexit debate,
but we have choice, so we might if we like to (the Gov't of the day that is).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom