Covid-19 Discussion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple question... do you support/approve of Trump's original statement regarding use of disinfectant and sunlight 'inside the body'? The statement he retracted the following day? Just wondering where you stand on this.

President Trump did not tell people to drink disinfectant as you well know. End of.

(Everything he says is on the internet so put the footage up of him telling people to drink bleach if you are so convinced this is true.)

That's good to know.

Any chance of an answer to my original question above though?.

That's good to know.

Any chance of an answer to my original question above though?.
I guess you could not find a video to help your case.

I both support and approve of Trumps statement in the context in which they were made.

And that context was a meeting with Bill Bryan, Under Secretary for Science and Technology at the Department of Homeland Security, pertaining to the ways in which sunlight, isopropyl alcohol, and bleach appear to kill the virus on surfaces.

Trumps speech...

“So, I’m going to ask Bill a question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposing when we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way, and I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting"

Below is a link to an established invasive Ultra Violet treatment...

Trumps speech...

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that – you’re going to have to use medical doctors with – but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful.”

After discussing isopropyl alcohol and bleach as surface cleaners Trump poses the question "is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning?"

He is talking around a medical issue which has just been discussed with his advisor Bill Bryan, seeking clarification. Looking for answers.

"so it’d be interesting to check that, so that – you’re going to have to use medical doctors"

As Trump is not a medical professional you could safely assume a medical professional would use the word "medicine" in place of his word "disinfectant".

But apparently this can be construed as telling people to drink bleach.

Last edited:
I guess you could not find a video to help your case.

I both support and approve of Trumps statement in the context in which they were made.

And that context was a meeting with Bill Bryan, Under Secretary for Science and Technology at the Department of Homeland Security, pertaining to the ways in which sunlight, isopropyl alcohol, and bleach appear to kill the virus on surfaces.

Trumps speech...

“So, I’m going to ask Bill a question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposing when we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way, and I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting"

Below is a link to an established invasive Ultra Violet treatment...

Trumps speech...

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that – you’re going to have to use medical doctors with – but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful.”

After discussing isopropyl alcohol and bleach as surface cleaners Trump poses the question "is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning?"

He is talking around a medical issue which has just been discussed with his advisor Bill Bryan, seeking clarification. Looking for answers.

"so it’d be interesting to check that, so that – you’re going to have to use medical doctors"

As Trump is not a medical professional you could safely assume a medical professional would use the word "medicine" in place of his word "disinfectant".

But apparently this can be construed as telling people to drink bleach.

OK... but you do relapse that the next day Trump said he was being "sarcastic"..........?

And I do have a video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

In light of this, are you still in support of his original statement? You seem to be interpreting it in a way that not even Trump intended.

OK... but you do relapse that the next day Trump said he was being "sarcastic"..........?

And I do have a video:

In light of this, are you still in support of his original statement? You seem to be interpreting it in a way that not even Trump intended.
Some really do live by the soundbite don't they. Unwilling or unable to discuss the veracity of practical measures that may help during the biggest public health crisis in living memory.

Pathetic.

Some really do live by the soundbite don't they. Unwilling or unable to discuss the veracity of practical measures that may help during the biggest public health crisis in living memory.

Pathetic.
Rumbled yet again.
1596306722712.png

...Unwilling or unable to discuss the veracity of practical measures that may help during the biggest public health crisis in living memory....

On the contrary, I am very willing (and hopefully able) to discuss social distancing, wearing face covering in crowded places, testing, track and trace apps, and also immunisation passport (once a vaccine is available). It's just the tinfoil hat stuff that I'm not so good with.

MJ and Duncan warming up this morning:

MJ and Duncan warming up this morning:

Thanks for reminding me that the Tune and Video was as bad as I thought it was the first time I saw it, but also, some sort of Irritating Pestilence on you for introducing it to my Ear Worm Allergy! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :doh: 🤪 🤪 :wallbash:

On the contrary, I am very willing (and hopefully able) to discuss social distancing, wearing face covering in crowded places, testing, track and trace apps, and also immunisation passport (once a vaccine is available). It's just the tinfoil hat stuff that I'm not so good with.
Social distancing, wearing face covering in crowded places, testing, track and trace apps, and also immunisation passports. All these things were invented within the last 5 months.

Behavioural sciences influence on a pandemic is not comparable to medical intervention. They have different aims. Control V Cure.

Last edited:
Social distancing, wearing face covering in crowded places, testing, track and trace apps, and also immunisation passports. All these things were invented within the last 5 months.

Behavioural sciences effect on a pandemic is not comparable to medical intervention. They have different aims. Control V Cure.

On the subject of new cases justifying selective lockdowns ....

.... are there any published figures on admissions to hospitals as the result of these additional cases ...

... or additional deaths (despite the Govt. announcing they are no longer counting covid deaths)?

Serious questions.

On the subject of new cases justifying selective lockdowns ....

.... are there any published figures on admissions to hospitals as the result of these additional cases ...

... or additional deaths (despite the Govt. announcing they are no longer counting covid deaths)?

Serious questions.
I think they would have told us if hospitals or morgues were reaching capacity.

I think they would have told us if hospitals or morgues were reaching capacity.

Thanks for that - be interesting to see how the next couple of weeks rolls out. I see no hospitals reporting a surge of admissions, even in the new lockdown areas.

My money is on Boris and DC kicking everything into the long grass until a Brexit FTA is sorted. It just has that feel about it.

..Behavioural sciences influence on a pandemic is not comparable to medical intervention. They have different aims. Control V Cure.

Having studied behavioral sciences for five years, I beg to differ. In fact, there's a growing body of research that suggests that when doctors prescribe medication without considering the behavioral science, the treatment is often ineffective, especially when it comes to geriatric care. But I digress....

..My money is on Boris and DC kicking everything into the long grass until a Brexit FTA is sorted. It just has that feel about it.

There definitely seem to be some tension between Chris Whitty and Patrik Vallance on one side, and Boris Johnson and Rishi Sunak on the other. Looks like science is clashing with politics.

Massive anti-lockdown protests today in Berlin. BBC reports about 20,000 people. Locals report 1million +. What do you think?

You do realise that you just posted a 6 hour long video clip in German..............?

There definitely seem to be some tension between Chris Whitty and Patrik Vallance on one side, and Boris Johnson and Rishi Sunak on the other. Looks like science is clashing with politics.

No new ideas and solutions.

Virus lurks.

Public jaded.

Economy about to face the real reality.

Spike Milligan would have dealt with this - all together (while socially distanced ... obviously) "What are we going to do now ... "What are we going to do now ... "

Here's the BBC article:

'....some participants were from the far right and some were conspiracy theorists who do not believe Covid-19 exists, but others were ordinary people who simply object to the government's approach to the pandemic.'

This looks to me like a strong case as to why governments should be considering the behavioral sciences when dealing with this pandemic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom