Covid-19 Discussion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aerial shot Berlin 1st August 2020 "Tag Der Freiheit" which means "Freedom Day"

Crowd estimated to be between 800,000 to 1,300,000 people.

You can see the Brandenburg Gate leading to the gilded Victory column on the 6 lane wide Strasse der 17. Juni.

EeaouGsXoAA5v3s.jpg

Last edited:

You can see the Brandenburg Gate leading to the gilded Victory column on the 6 lane wide Strasse der 17. Juni.

View attachment 100372

Germans are usually very law abiding. This is a big deal for them. I think this demonstrates that folks think that the balance between living life with its attendant risks and fear of CV19 is overdone in favour of the latter.

The German government has clearly not done a very good job at putting forward their case, with many citizens apparently remain unconvinced regarding the government's plans of dealing with the pandemic.

It's interesting how with endless articles written regarding viral pandemics, simulations, and even fiction books and movies, we still didn't have the foggiest how the population will actually react.

Everything that happened so far demonstrates a complete failure of the behavioral sciences. Or perhaps it simply demonstrates their limits - being much better as an explanatory science than a predictive one.

What a pity that the mainstream media continue to not inform citizens of what is actually happening, such as this Berlin protest.

What do the BBC and others hope to achieve by reporting a demonstration of around 20,000 people when as you can see the reality was vast numbers of people. Ordinary people who have lost their jobs and lost their freedoms. It is obscene.

This is a real conspiracy, no need for fact checking and least of all fact checking by the BBC.

...This is a real conspiracy, no need for fact checking and least of all fact checking by the BBC.

Accusing the BBC of a deliberate bias (on various topics) isn't new, but that's a separate discussion.

I am more interested in understanding who is behind the conspiracy, in your view? Who is controlling the BBC, if this is what you are alluding to?

The majority of mentally healthy humans would find they will have empathy when they are faced with vast numbers of people forced to protest when their lives, livelihoods and freedoms are being changed for the worse.

As a general rule the term psychopathy would apply to those with an absence of empathy.

The conspiracy is misreporting. Or of course maybe the mainstream media journalists reporting are all blind or have not yet learnt to count. Funny thing is they were not blind and could (over)count when pro EU protests took place in the UK.

If i lived in London i would pop along to Portland Place and ask someone at Broadcasting House about the misreporting. It is the building with the Eric Gill sculpture "Prospero and Ariel" above the doorway.

Last edited:
..vast numbers of people forced to protest...

Yes, this sentence is a good example of biased reporting.

...The conspiracy is misreporting...

Misreporting is a bias, not a conspiracy. The use of the term 'conspiracy' suggests an intent coordinated by someone higher-up.

So are you suggesting that the BBC are guilty of biased misreporting, or of a conspiracy? If the latter, then I ask again: who - in your opinion - is behind it all?

View attachment 100372

Fake picture from Donald Trump's archive

If i lived in London i would pop along to Portland Place and ask someone at Broadcasting House about the misreporting. It is the building with the Eric Gill sculpture "Prospero and Ariel" above the doorway.

If you are that bothered, pop up along to the BBC studios in Newcastle....

The video of the protest was livestreamed on Youtube on the 1st August 2020. Care to explain how that is faked?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

or this

or this

Last edited:
The video of the protest was livestreamed on Youtube on the 1st August 2020. Care to explain how that is faked?

or this

The video clips on YouTube and the still photo you posted are two different things.

The video clips may be genuine for all we know, but they were filmed at street level and so there's no telling from the footage how many people attended - it could be 10,000, 100,000 or 1,000,000.

The photo you posted was aerial photography of a parade, and while it does show a very larger crowd, it's fake... because it was taken 20 years ago during a different event. Incidentally, the German text translate freely as 'proof that there were 1.3m present as opposed to the official report of just 17,000'. So you may have made an honest mistake by sharing a fake photo without fact-checking it first, but given the caption I think it's clear that whoever originally posted the fake photo did so deliberately.

So what have we here?

- The BBC quoted the official number as given by the German authorities.

- Some people claim the number was much higher and that the German authorities deliberately lied.

- Some people went further and lied themselves by posted fake photos to 'prove' that the Germans authorities lied... :doh:

- Some people mistakenly shared the fake photo and claim.

That's PLATINUM.

@ChipChop RUMBLED YET AGAIN!

Surely Chippers can't keep posting his drivel after this?
This is a special day indeed, I can’t remember the last time that the “Platinum” accolade was used. I didn’t even realise that the good Doctor had sufficient privileges to use it.

Last edited:
The video clips on YouTube and the still photo you posted are two different things.

The video clips may be genuine for all we know, but they were filmed at street level and so there's no telling from the footage how many people attended - it could be 10,000, 100,000 or 1,000,000.

The photo you posted was aerial photography of a parade, and while it does show a very larger crowd, it's fake... because it was taken 20 years ago during a different event. Incidentally, the German text translate freely as 'proof that there were 1.3m present as opposed to the official report of just 17,000'. So you may have made an honest mistake by sharing a fake photo without fact-checking it first, but given the caption I think it's clear that whoever originally posted the fake photo did so deliberately.

So what have we here?

- The BBC quoted the official number as given by the German authorities.

- Some people claim the number was much higher and that the German authorities deliberately lied.

- Some people went further and lied themselves by posted fake photos to 'prove' that the Germans authorities lied... :doh:

- Some people mistakenly shared the fake photo and claim.
Show me the identical photo taken 20 years ago. If you can then i will concede the aerial shot was not relevant to the event last Saturday. I take it you are aware many events have been held on that stretch of road through the Tiergarten over the years.

The videos show huge numbers of ordinary people who are against the lockdown. No masks, no anti social distancing so once again we have the acid test. Will there be mass infection in 2 - 4 weeks time? History tells us no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom