Covid-19 Discussion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure the BBC would be more than willing to send a team of reporters and a camera crew to the Costa Del Sol to find out.

The EU might not be willing to issue Schengen Visas to foreign journalists, we don't know what their immigration policy looks like from the outside. That said, worse come to worst the BBC could dispatch employees who have dual nationality, that'll work.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What you term as "level of disruption to daily life" and "what can be done without troubling others" with regards to society protecting the elderly is a dilemma born of society being ruled by those entrenched in political correctness.

No, it has nothing to do with the government.

Western societies have been encouraging and nurturing individualism for generations now, and as result our society is increasingly individualistic.

In an interesting experiment carried-out recently people from different cultures were asked to describe themselves. Westerners described their own skills or qualities - I am an engineer, I am a kind person, I am a good chess player, etc. People from non-western cultures described themselves in relation to their family and community - I am the husband of x the father of y, I am a member of this or that.

Social welfare isn't a progressive reform at all. It simply farms-out to the State many of the responsibilities that would have otherwise been dealt-with within the community or extended family.

Care homes crisis? Ask the Japanese, they will have no idea what you are talking about - the elderly simply live with their children and grandchildren who take care of them until they pass away.

Teenage single mothers? Only in our western societies the children and their mothers are funded by the State. Everywhere else, this would be the responsibility of the young mother's parents, grandparents, or other family members.

Outsourcing the care of those whu need help has become the hallmark of 'progressive' societies. The more we outsource, the more we revel in our moral superiority.

My obvious point is that before suggesting that 'shielding the elderly' is a kind and caring solution, we shouod ask ourselves how many non-western societies adopted this model.

Last edited:

Quite a popular thing amoungst the UK retired. More to Spain and warmer climes.

Means you do not have to spend all that money on winter heating bills in the UK. Which was my point all along.

The UK govt. stopped our WFA 3 years ago as they included all of France's overseas territories (all in the tropics) in the calculation of average winter temperature. B*stards.

It can get down to -20C down here (O.K., once every 10 years) and some folk lost their swimming pool pumps which froze and split.

Am I winning the sympathy vote yet? ;)

The UK govt. stopped our WFA 3 years ago as they included all of France's overseas territories (all in the tropics) in the calculation of average winter temperature. B*stards.

It can get down to -20C down here (O.K., once every 10 years) and some folk lost their swimming pool pumps which froze and split.

I always assumed the rural French mainly burn wood for heat anyway. No need to pay EDF for heat.

Yes.

music-violin-violinist-sad-sob_stories-poverty-rnin669_low.jpg

I always assumed the rural French mainly burn wood for heat anyway. No need to pay EDF for heat.

We have an oil-fired central heating system with rads and underfloor (wet) heating as well as hot water. It's not cheap. The house is quite large and the biggest bit is a 15th century converted barn, so not a lot of insulation. We also have 2 woodburners and an open fire and I do like to do my caveman bit.

Yes, wood is still viewed as a sustainable fuel over here and a m3 costs €60 for seasoned oak/ash, which are the best, but we recently had some acacia trees felled which will give us free wood for a couple of years. We use 8-10 m3 per year, depending on the winter severity ... last winter we only used about 6 but this coming one looks like it's going to be cold and long.

There's something about a natural fire and the cosiness it generates. The missus won't have the underfloor heating on as she says it dries the air (as do the fires!), but she finds the fires a different kind of heat. She hates the dust they make, though.

Boris Johnson giving away more free money, this time to big pharma and the world health organisation. Can anyone explain in plain English why the UK government needs to give £500 million of our money to the highly profitable vaccine industry so they can "fairly distribute" their commercial products?

Also the small matter of £340 million of our money to the WHO. What is that for? New villas on Lake Como all around?

And, in case you missed it China's newest richest man is in the Covid-19 vaccine business.

Last edited:
All over something that has a 99.98% survival rate

Sold the Country out to the NWO and Surveillance state , Months ago!

"Nano technology" :rolleyes: Note the Date...

Strange he missed out the bit of Killing Oap's, & Killing The Weak Dependent through his Totalitarian aims.

Last edited:
_114606910_optimised-uk_daily_cases_with_ra_25sep-nc.png

Without words.

And please spare me the 'alternative' explanations.... thanks.

^Really? sorry thats a word

Anyone else a bit annoyed about the NHS track and trace not working on Iphone 6 or older? inadvertnly making me look for upgrades for family members who couldn't care less about technology.

All over something that has a 99.98% survival rate

Sold the Country out to the NWO and Surveillance state , Months ago!

"Nano technology" :rolleyes: Note the Date...

Strange he missed out the bit of Killing Oap's, & Killing The Weak Dependent through his Totalitarian aims.
He had them all worried up until about 8 minutes then he transforms into an Eton educated version of Mark Zuckerberg.

Last edited:
Anyone got a graph of (Covid) hospital admissions and deaths APR~SEP ?

And then a graph for 2018~2020 deaths across the UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom