Where have you been all my life ? (Sonus Drying towel)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Koolvin

Administrator
Staff member
Car
W168, W169 & S202
Sonus Der Wunder Drying Towel, Pkg/2 by Sonus Car Care - Elite Detailer Ltd - Car Care & Detailing

I've always used Autoglym synthetic chamois but recently got these from the Elite Shop.

They are fantastic, sorry if this is old news :D

Better than a chamois. Better than cotton. The Sonus Der Wunder Drying Towel is safer, faster and out-performs all other drying towels.
The new Sonus Der Wunder Drying Towel is a significant advancement in drying towel technology. Its new piqué (waffle weave) fabric has a more pronounced pattern, which creates larger absorption cups. It is the absorption cup that makes microfiber waffle weave fabric the best drying towel material.
The Sonus Der Wunder Drying Towel's fabric weight and blend offer the perfect combination of water holding capacity and spot-free drying, while the new microfiber silk edging makes the towel 100% scratch-free. The rounded corner design reduce the possibility of fraying for years of drying service.
The Sonus Der Wunder Drying Towel is a generous 24” by 30”, making it the perfect size for drying. Larger towels are too difficult to handle when saturated and smaller towels do not have enough drying capacity.

Attachments

• sonus.jpg
    sonus.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 265
I hope that you have also discarded the traditional "car wash sponge" (AKA how to put swirl marks in your paintwork!) in favour of a wash mitt - merino for the top half of the car, microfibre for the dirtier bottom half and wheels.

Costco do packs of microfibre cloths at a very good price - useful for all cleaning and polishing! I also picked up a decent sized cloth and some applicator pads in the Pound Shop recently! When they're dirty, into the washing machine at 50C (do NOT use fabric conditioner!) - which is why you use the microfibre wash mitt on the dirty parts, it can go in the wash but the merino can't!.

Another thing to ditch (if you've got one) is the silicone blade for removing most of the rinse water before drying - another culprit that can drag scratchy stuff across your paintwork!

Last year I also bought Sonus Der Wunder microfibre applicator pads - for applying polish. Those I'm not impressed with, I use the sponge applicators that came with my AG HD wax.

I hope that you have also discarded the traditional "car wash sponge" (AKA how to put swirl marks in your paintwork!) in favour of a wash mitt - merino for the top half of the car, microfibre for the dirtier bottom half and wheels.

Of course - I never use them! I did in fact order a nice new wash mitt from EDP

it's awesome as it has a rubber insert :)

Attachments

• IMG_2177.jpg
    IMG_2177.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
Is this similar to the waffle towel, i've had great results with that, got after reading good reviews about it on Detailing world

Of course - I never use them! I did in fact order a nice new wash mitt from EDP

it's awesome as it has a rubber insert :)

You've started down a long and dangerous road - as I did last year when I decided to enter a low level concourse (show and shine) for the first time.

I now have 2 mitts, lots of microfibre dusters, applicator pads, clay bar and a miriad of bottles of paint renovator, polish, glaze and wax, quick detailing spray, glass cleaner, tyre stuff - the list is endless!! I managed to southern engineer proper Sonus pads onto my little 12v polishing machine but am now contemplating a DAS6 DA polisher and associated pads - especially since I got the bonnet of the 968 professionally mopped (as a freebie) the other week.

I spent a couple of days last week with clay, polish and wax for the C270 - so she'd look nice when her new wheels were fitted on Wednesday. I'd got lucky on eBay and picked up a set of effectivly brand new 16" Elnaths for £150, cost another £50 to get the tyres changed over and properly balanced but got that back by selling the old rims. Considering the rims new are £691 I think I did well! Certainly makes the car look a lot better.

I'm turning into a sad old car detailing anorak!

Thanks guys, i bought the Der Wunder towel aswell. No instructions though!

Do i need to wash it first?

Any speciual treatment after using it?

Thanks!!!

Where have you been all my life ?

greggster said:
Thanks guys, i bought the Der Wunder towel aswell. No instructions though!

Do i need to wash it first?

Any speciual treatment after using it?

Thanks!!!

I never washed mine on first use.

When you decide to wash the towel make sure you don't use fabric conditioner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom