Where is everyone from?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Windsor, Ashford (Middx) Southampton, Richmond & now for the last 17 years Bedfont near Feltham ... near Heathrow.

I live in a place that you hear lions roar at 4 am in the morning,.
Just a 1/4 of a mile from West Midlands Safari Park On the Bewdley border ,Worcestershire...

I was born in Peoria, Illinois, USA, fell in love with an Englishman when I was 21 and came to England in 1977. We married that year (Ruby wedding this year!) and we lived in the Midlands (notably Knowle) then moved to West Lancashire 30 years ago. I worked in construction eventually when our son went to senior school including Sheffield, Isle of Mann, Leeds, and, for the Scottish contingent, worked on the Bathgate-Newarthill Gas Pipeline Project, staying in a flat overlooking the Strathclyde Country Park - you'll know the ones, also Hull, Dubai and Heidelberg in South Africa, and a short visit to US Steel in Gary, Indiana. Still, my home was in Lancashire, just had weekday digs where I was working.

Recently been back for a walk down memory lane in my Uni town and home town. It was very eye-opening and at times very sad.

But I'm back on the forum now!

Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom