Where is the MAF on V6 W211 e320 CDI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jshodgson

Car
E class 320 cdi sport 2007
i want to clean my MAF and failing that replace it. The MAF must be in or near the air filter boxes I guess but which side and how do I get to it?

Theres 2 . In the bat wing . Good luck trying to clean them. Replacements run into the hundreds.

open-uri20190104-12707-xsmv7v.

Theres 2 . In the bat wing . Good luck trying to clean them. Replacements run into the hundreds.
What is the challenge with cleaning? Is it access or does cleaning not tend to work on these? And if I need new ones would I be better looking for a salvaged bat wing?

If you do try and clean the sensors be aware there not available separate , its supplied as above.

Check turbo vanes are free to move - remove the actuator arm to check. Tip - tie a piece of fishing line around the circlip before you try and take it off then you will not lose into the engine bay.

Failing that open the actuator and clean and regrease the gears and check that none of the electrical connections haven't burnt out. If you are not confident doing this then the actuators can be re-furbed.

maybe have a scan to see if any codes are stored. Another possible om642 fault can be the exhaust back pressure sensor / dirty egr valve.

The car has a brand new EGR a turbo actuator off a car that was working fine and a new back pressure sensor from MB.

The pulsing/hunting only started after the garage replaced the glow plugs and fitted the new EGR. I thought the EGR may be faulty so made them replace it. Still have the same problem.

I had a split in my inter cooler pipe so just got to check if that could have been the cause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom