Where should I stick this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisHGTV

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E250 Avantgarde Estate, Alfa GTV V6, Vespa, Ducati, many bicycles...
Hello all

I found this on the drive, I think it’s from the rear of my S212. It seems to be a drain bung of some sort but does anyone know where it goes? I’d like to reinstate it. I have to say it’s probably the best made bung I have ever seen! Has a real quality feel about it. Almost a shame to put it back.

8306852B-1B32-4799-80CD-BB3E4B5A4E64.jpeg

Ooh I think it does, I’ll have a look. Good idea Thanks!

It’s WA 300300303022. I’m struggling to find any mention of it, whats the best way to look up parts like this? Cheers!

When you cross reference the part number do NOT tell us what it is , we like theses games. how big is it ? Difficult to tell on your kitchen worktop...I hope that's a worktop and not the surface of your drive :p

Ha ha, yes a granite drive would be rather nice! Maybe not when icy though! Ok, so the fellow has a diameter of 53mm. And curiously the smaller of the two “teats” is blocked off. Not sure if that is clear from the piccy. It obviously fits in a hole In a panel in a grommet stylee...I’m wondering if there should be some kind of pipe attached to the functional “teat”?

Foglamp rubber caps sometimes have a breather that appears blocked off as in your picture ...but it would not normally drop off unless the cable going through the other hole was unplugged ? The plot thickens..:)

Hmm I’ll have a check round the lights in the light. I’ve got a feeling it’s from the back end somewhere, maybe a breather to prevent condensation in the boot or something? But then why the blocked off teat. :confused:

Is the blocked pipe solid. If a sponge it may be some sort of breather.

The blocked pipe is moulded as blocked, so completely blank. I can only assume there’s another version that has both “teats” open. Or perhaps this is the S212’s appendix?

Come on! How has nobody said to stick where the sun don't shine!?🤣

Woking?

It could be from an alien spaceship that landed on your drive in the night :dk:

Which brought a relic from the future.... the 300300303022nd draft copy of the Withdrawal Agreement :crazy:

Over the years I've found some really odd things on my drive , live in a very rural location, and I've come to the conclusion it's birds picking things up and dropping them on my drive by accident. Where my BT cable goes in to a 50mm duct on the corner of my garage theres a 15mm thick sponge stopper , I've found it on my lawn ,on the footpath and half way out of the duct so a bird must be pecking it out.Once found the knucle end of a spark plug lead on the drive , looked under the bonnet for ages until I realised I don't have any sparkplugs .

The hole in the ‘teat’ looks rather large for a cable supplying a light on the vehicle, which makes me think of either a tow bar 7 or 13 pin cable, (although 53mm is a bit small for a tow bar socket) or a mains cable for a lead lamp?

is the inside clean or dirty? If the latter it could be a drain plug, such as in the boot floor.

Nothing to do with straws, is it, as that’s what I appear to be clutching at here....🙂

I think on top of the charcoal canister

Over the years I've found some really odd things on my drive , live in a very rural location, and I've come to the conclusion it's birds picking things up and dropping them on my drive by accident. Where my BT cable goes in to a 50mm duct on the corner of my garage theres a 15mm thick sponge stopper , I've found it on my lawn ,on the footpath and half way out of the duct so a bird must be pecking it out.Once found the knucle end of a spark plug lead on the drive , looked under the bonnet for ages until I realised I don't have any sparkplugs .
I found a dead cat, frozen solid under my car on my drive. It had been hit by a car somewhere and crawled under my car at some point in the night. It belonged to my neighbour across the street.

My elderly mother in law found 2 swarthy gentlemen with strange Irish type accent on her drive just last week. You know the type they travel a lot (which is a bit odd as most of their caravans appear to have no wheels) . They asked her if she wanted the tree in her front garden cut down/pruned . She politely declined their services.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom