Where to buy drilled & grooved brakes for Vito?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Solar

Car
Vito Sport X Brabus, BMW M3 Evo
Hi guys.

The brake discs and pads on my Vito Sport X Brabus are due for replacing now. So it seems like a good time for an upgrade...

I'm looking for some drilled and grooved discs but not having much luck finding many at the moment. Plenty available for the old model Vito's, but mine is a 2008 model..... Does anyone know a good place to get some? Front and rear....

Also, brake pads..... Which would you recommend???

Thanks!

Is this mainly for cosmetic reasons? I've never found the stock brakes wanting on my 120, even when towing.

Incidentally many van insurers are not keen on mods so I would make sure you'll still be covered before making any changes.

Is this mainly for cosmetic reasons? I've never found the stock brakes wanting on my 120, even when towing.

Incidentally many van insurers are not keen on mods so I would make sure you'll still be covered before making any changes.

Not particularly for cosmetic reasons... But my Brabus is pretty quick and has also been chipped. I found that the standard brakes were ok, but seeing as they all need replacing i just thought why not upgrade at the same time. I upgraded to drilled and grooved discs on my car and def felt the difference. Just struggling to find many options at the moment...

Not particularly for cosmetic reasons... But my Brabus is pretty quick and has also been chipped. I found that the standard brakes were ok, but seeing as they all need replacing i just thought why not upgrade at the same time. I upgraded to drilled and grooved discs on my car and def felt the difference. Just struggling to find many options at the moment...

mate the standard vito brakes are fine. l have done track days with my 120 compact and also an A grade touring car racer ,the brakes are more than adequate .

mate the standard vito brakes are fine. l have done track days with my 120 compact and also an A grade touring car racer ,the brakes are more than adequate .

It was really just because it's a Brabus w639 Sport X and has been chipped and had a re-map. So it's pretty quick to say the least. I just thought that seeing as i need to replace the discs, it could be a good opportunity for an upgrade at the same time......?

I find that the brakes on my W639 Sport X are the real weak point. Very spongey and I quite often wonder if I'll stop at all. Ok, I'm usually trying outbrake cars that I'm having a ding dong with, but even so, the brakes are poor. I want to upgrade mine too. If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know.

I find that the brakes on my W639 Sport X are the real weak point. Very spongey and I quite often wonder if I'll stop at all. Ok, I'm usually trying outbrake cars that I'm having a ding dong with, but even so, the brakes are poor. I want to upgrade mine too. If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know.

Spongy brakes sounds like a fluid problem, get it changed for new.

Or just air in the system. Either way a fluid change would sort :)

I never realised that there was a Brabus Vito as early as 2008? Thought they were all from roughly 2011 onwards?

I never realised that there was a Brabus Vito as early as 2008? Thought they were all from roughly 2011 onwards?

The Sport-X was around in 2007 when we got our 120 (it only had a single front passenger seat, so wasn't an option for us).

It's not a Brabus Vito btw - that would be one tuned or modified by Brabus themselves. Officially they've only ever offered this service on the Viano (and now V Class), but I'm sure they would do a Vito if someone asked nicely (i.e. gave them lots of money!) :D

Brabus - Tuning for Mercedes-Benz

The Sport-X was around in 2007 when we got our 120 (it only had a single front passenger seat, so wasn't an option for us).

It's not a Brabus Vito btw - that would be one tuned or modified by Brabus themselves. Officially they've only ever offered this service on the Viano (and now V Class), but I'm sure they would do a Vito if someone asked nicely (i.e. gave them lots of money!) :D

I was referring more to the Brabus X styled Vitos, thought they were only on the facelift.

It was really just because it's a Brabus w639 Sport X and has been chipped and had a re-map. So it's pretty quick to say the least. I just thought that seeing as i need to replace the discs, it could be a good opportunity for an upgrade at the same time......?[/QUOTE

Interested to the 'Chipped & re-mapped' comment?? are they not one & the same? wouldn't a remap override a previously 'chip'

I'm thinking about this on mine but wonder if the gains are worthwhile?

I note the likes of 'chip tuning boxes' are widely available with the Brabus D6 box retailing well over £1200:eek: i would love to know what 'bang for buck' you get with that:dk:

It was really just because it's a Brabus w639 Sport X and has been chipped and had a re-map. So it's pretty quick to say the least. I just thought that seeing as i need to replace the discs, it could be a good opportunity for an upgrade at the same time......?[/QUOTE

Interested to the 'Chipped & re-mapped' comment?? are they not one & the same? wouldn't a remap override a previously 'chip'

I'm thinking about this on mine but wonder if the gains are worthwhile?

I note the likes of 'chip tuning boxes' are widely available with the Brabus D6 box retailing well over £1600:eek: i would love to know what 'bang for buck' you get with that:dk:

I thought that you could only chip a new engine? I remember being told this about 18 months after getting our Viano and considered doing it.

Why would that be? you can chip is the wrong terminology anyway, its just remap the chip thats there has a new map over written on it.

@Parksie
"I'm thinking about this on mine but wonder if the gains are worthwhile?

I note the likes of 'chip tuning boxes' are widely available with the Brabus D6 box retailing well over £1200:eek: i would love to know what 'bang for buck' you get with that"

Here is your answer:-

"BRABUS ECO PowerXtra D6 S
Base Viano 3.0 CDI / Vito 122 CDI,
+41 hp; 195 kW / 265 hp; max. torque 500 Nm
For vehicles with EURO 5!"

Taken from here…scroll down near the bottom of the inset window Brabus - Tuning for Mercedes-Benz

Not any different figure wise to a box from here Mercedes-Benz Vito 122 CDI 221 Bhp / 224 PS / 165 kW CRTD2® TWIN Channel Diesel Tuning Box Chip so what you are paying for with the Brabus is the name and the fact it does not affect any MB warranty if fitted by MB.

Thanks GVM, I did a fair bit of reading-up on the subject yesterday??I'm put off the GTI box after reading a member on here had his unit removed after going into 'limp mode'!!, I know it could probably be a one off but it hardly inspires confidence??.

The D6s Brabus box is the way to go given I have a long warranty to protect buy boy don't they charge for the privilege, i can't justify that at the moment??:dk:

Thanks GVM, I did a fair bit of reading-up on the subject yesterday??I'm put off the GTI box after reading a member on here had his unit removed after going into 'limp mode'!!, I know it could probably be a one off but it hardly inspires confidence??.

The D6s Brabus box is the way to go given I have a long warranty to protect buy boy don't they charge for the privilege, i can't justify that at the moment??:dk:

I am in the same boat; gamble with the aftermarket unit and remember to remove it or bite the bullet and buy the Brabus…where have you seen it for sale?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom