Where to buy special pliers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why do you want them? Every mechanic I've ever known just uses a broad bladed screwdriver and twists slighly between the ears.

Why do you want them? Every mechanic I've ever known just uses a broad bladed screwdriver and twists slighly between the ears.

I wanna avoid the sparks when attaching negative to the battery.
if I had this tool, it would be easier to put the negative on, terminal is too tight I can't avoid the sparks.
any UK toolshops on the web?

if I had this tool, it would be easier to put the negative on, terminal is too tight I can't avoid the sparks.

seems a lot of outlay for what, as others have quite correctly pointed out can be done dead easily with a screwdriver :confused::confused:

seems a lot of outlay for what, as others have quite correctly pointed out can be done dead easily with a screwdriver :confused::confused:

what kind of a screwdriver is this? broad bladed screwdriver
is it a wide flat one?

yes.. or a butter knife would do.

In fact I've never seen such a useless tool request before. :D

yes.. or a butter knife would do.

In fact I've never seen such a useless tool request before. :D

well someone's got to be the first to ask such a useless question about a tool? :doh: :D

That is why you attach the NON grounded/earth terminal first.

If the earth cable is not attached to the battery post you can't accidentally make sparks with the positive. And you can't create a spark from earth to earth when attaching the second lead.

That is why you attach the NON grounded/earth terminal first.

If the earth cable is not attached to the battery post you can't accidentally make sparks with the positive. And you can't create a spark from earth to earth when attaching the second lead.

I always put positive clamp first, then negative last!
if I do the other way around I bet something will go wrong with my electronics!
are there any risks to damage something if I get sparks when putting on the negative to the battery?

Last edited:
I always put positive clamp first, then negative last!
if I do the other way around I bet something will go wrong with my electronics!
are there any risks to damage something if I get sparks when putting on the negative to the battery?

Not really. The only reason you'll get a spark from the negative as you put it on is because in a modern car there are systems which always draw power. ECUs, clocks, alarm systems never go down completely.

You'll only blow things up by putting the terminals on back to front, jump starting the car inappropriately, creating a big voltage spike by earthing out the terminal direct to the body or using fast chargers with the leads connected.

Obviously you need to exercise reasonable caution, but connecting the terminal is not a high risk activity.

Not really. The only reason you'll get a spark from the negative as you put it on is because in a modern car there are systems which always draw power. ECUs, clocks, alarm systems never go down completely.

You'll only blow things up by putting the terminals on back to front, jump starting the car inappropriately, creating a big voltage spike by earthing out the terminal direct to the body or using fast chargers with the leads connected.

Obviously you need to exercise reasonable caution, but connecting the terminal is not a high risk activity.

I guess there's nothing to worry about if I do everything by the book?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom