Where to get a Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You missed liberty on 17th.. back on July 29th, but also at other central places in between

Friday, July 4, The Market at St Katherine’s Dock, E1W 1LA, 11am-3pm.
That's where I'll be! 20 mins on a boat and I can have lunch! The only question now is, whiz or american?

You missed liberty on 17th.. back on July 29th, but also at other central places in between

Had a liberty sandwich on Friday... it was pretty good and fairly accurate... but nowhere near the best I've had. The meat was a little bland, and the cheese not quite right (I like Kraft cheez whiz, they had a "home-made" version...)... oh and the onions weren't fried enough imo...

but it was good, very good. Just not the best ;)

Another "complaint" was the queue... Easily 40-50 people long, it stretched through the market obscuring all the other stalls. I was pretty amazed by how many people were there...

M.

Kraft Cheese Whiz - now you've done it. Haven't had that since I left 'those shores' 37 years ago. Not sure I've ever missed it except for the nostalgia though.

Anyone know where I could get a really good Reuben Sandwich though? (apart from my kitchen)

Regards, Lisa

I enjoyed a Philly Cheese Steak sandwich at OKDiners - Home last weekend. Mrs D tried a French Dip which was fundamentally the same sandwich, but mushrooms replaced peppers, and there was a pot of gravy on the side (for the dip).

Not as good as the sandwiches I remember from Dave & Busters, but still very good, and a bargain when you factor in the fact that children eat free :thumb:

Any more suggestions?

For Bobby Dazzler...

Today, I discovered the joy of eating a toasted Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich at Pret in Solihull - which has recently been introduced on their regular menu.

Heavenly.

For Bobby Dazzler...

Today, I discovered the joy of eating a toasted Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich at Pret in Solihull - which has recently been introduced on their regular menu.

Heavenly.

Fantastic, thanks for tipping me off. I'll try to get down there soon for one :thumb:

I'll bet you could have got a filly cheesesteak sandwich at Tesco when the horsemeat scandal was on.

Last edited:
For Bobby Dazzler...

Heavenly.

Now I'll have to try that. Sounds good. :thumb:

A few weeks ago we found ourselves in the Bake n'Grape in Chelmsford, and to my surprise they had a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich on the menu. They had run out of hoagie rolls, so it was served on toast, and whilst it wasn't authentic in the slightest, it was tasty!

https://www.bng.uk/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom