Where to get a square number plate made up from?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vRS

Can anyone please advise me on where i can buy a new set of number plates from?
Im going to transfer my other reg no that is on retention but the plates which i already have made up say BMW on the bottom of them so not quite right for a Merc.
I need a normal size one for the front, and a square one for the wheel carrier on the back.
I would prefer to get one made up from a Mercedes Benz dealer, to have the Merc logo and the text next to it (just "Mercedes Benz" or maybe "Mercedes Benz of ....." but not franchise's webistes with www. ****.co.uk).
I rang my local dealers and they dont do the square ones for the back, they can only supply me normal sized ones. My only other option is to go to Halfords, but i dont really want to go for them. I would rather have some with MB on them, as they will stand out better than Halfords ones.

Does anyone work or know someone in a parts department, or even knows if there is a dealer who still makes square ones for the wheel carrier? There must be some MB dealers that still make them, as im sure there are lots of Mercs with wheel carriers which may need the square number plates some time or another.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

try this place , they should do pretty much what you want and a good quality plate too.

Prestige Number Plates and Signs Ltd
283 Unit 3 Duke Street
Glasgow
G31 1HX (Road Map)
Strathclyde

Tel: 0141 550 1363
Fax: 0141 550 1324

I've used www.fancyplates.com in the past. You can pretty much have anything you want. Good service in my experience too.

Hi

Yes fancyplates in good old County Tyrone. I got mine there no prob. Was trying to remember the name and when i had found it on the web i came back and LeighW had beaten me to it.:D

try this place , they should do pretty much what you want and a good quality plate too.

Prestige Number Plates and Signs Ltd
283 Unit 3 Duke Street
Glasgow
G31 1HX (Road Map)
Strathclyde

Tel: 0141 550 1363
Fax: 0141 550 1324

Cheers for the info mate, i will give them a ring on Monday to see what they can do for me.

Also thanks for the link to fancy plates. I messed around with that but the only problem i can see with them are that the border isnt quite standard/legal, and also i cant seem to get the mb logo and text in the centre of the plate. Oh and another thing, i dont think the plates will have the BS AU 145d markings on them. I take it the fancyplates would be classed as show plates, which isnt really what im after.

Thanks to all for all the quick replies :D

Hi

Phone Fancyplates and tell them what you want i am sure they will be able to sort you out. They are good quality don't delaminate like some of the junk you get.

Remember the police are hot on plates, Make sure they are 100% legal.

I just failed my MOT (First time ever for the 500E :eek: ) on incorrect numberplates.

My font was slightly different with a slight curved edge to the corners and also I had script on the bottom of them, which as it wasn't the name of the plate supplier etc was also an MOT fail.

It said... "M119 Howitzer, Heavy Artillery Division" as the M119 is my engine code and also the designation of an American Howitzer gun.

Annoyingly I now have totally standard Halfords plates on.

So, be careful what you have put on or the font you choose.

Dave!

Cheers for all the info. Yeah i want to get a plate that is 100% legal, with standard font, with the correct BS AU markings, and the suppliers postcode/details etc. Im not 100% sure on the MOT rules right now, as some people say that they wont fail you if it doesnt have the correct suppliers details and the BS AU marking at the bottom, but if they are different font or have logos/badges or coloured borders then obviously it would fail.

Hence i would prefer to buy them from a MB Dealer to be on the safe side as i know they are 100% legal.

wicked_custom_plates on ebay, cheap, totally legal with the font, BS AU thingy etc, only apprix £7 including postage (have used them a few times now and plates came within 48 hours!) They do rectangular ones or the square ones.

Surely anyone who makes up number plates will do square ones. After all, motorcycles need square plates.

Go to Halfords...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom