Where to get Agreed value Insurance for CE?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aka$h

MB Enthusiast
Car
Anything with a 3 Pointed Star!
At long last my 124 is now in the body shop being stripped, prior to a full re-spray and slight colour change.

After this is all done the car will be worth a fair bit more than market value, a basic e320 coupe on L reg with 100k would probably be worth around £4k.
So in the event of the car being written off thats probably what they'd want to pay out.

Things that add value in my opinion:
AMG bodykit,
AMG wheels,
Sportline suspension with uprated brabus shocks and h&r springs.
Fully Loaded in terms of spec
£1k spent on getting it mechanically sound
£3k worth of a paint job, including replacement of rear wings (although a cash discount will apply)
Re-conollised interior
Custom built speaker enclosures in the front map pockets and tweeter mounts on the doors (pics to follow) at a cost of £450.
The ICE equipment retails at just over £3750 plus installation cost.
£500 spend on new airbag and wood\leather steering wheel.
Lastly, when it happens, a e36 engine conversion with a 5sp amg box.
Although this will add value im not sure how much, and what effect it will have on insurance.

Am I being unrealistic to want it insured at around £9-10k prior to the amg lump? And how much should I go for after that?

Im finding it hard to find an insurance company that will apply a agreed value policy to a car of that age (its too young), has anyone had any luck in the past?

Help is as always much appreciated

Aka$h - Have you tried Heritage Norton Insurance?

http://www.heritage-quote.co.uk/

My 968 has been insured with them for the past 3 years with an agreed value. They considered it a classic after it reached 10 years old. Worth a try :)

High-Lo said:
Aka$h - Have you tried Heritage Norton Insurance?

http://www.heritage-quote.co.uk/

My 968 has been insured with them for the past 3 years with an agreed value. They considered it a classic after it reached 10 years old. Worth a try :)

Ive tried them, it was either that the car was too young for a merc to be a classic, or it had to be garaged.

Akash - have you tried Lancaster? They do classic policies but they also do policies for newer vehicles with an agreed valuation.

Gotta be worth a try :)

Will

You'll struggle to get agreed value on the car, partly because, as you said, it's too young.

A new paint job doesn't increase a car's value, it maintains it. Likewise £1k on 'getting it mechanically sound', or re-connollising the inside, and putting on a new steering wheel. The Brabus shocks and wheels make the car non-standard, and a classic insurer (one who may give an agreed value) will usually not like that. ICE of that value is never going to be covered as part of the car, and the £450 speaker boxes don't add value. The E36 engine is going to mean you'll find fewer amenable insurers than otherwise.

Go with any decent insurance company, and write to them telling them what you think it's worth. Provide evidence (details of similar cars for sale etc), and enclose photo's explaining why you think the car is above average, and pointing out particular aspects to demonstrate its worth and its condition. They can either accept that, or dispute it. In the end, the value of any claim you make will be subject to negotiation. The fact that you notified them in advance of just how good the car was puts you in a stronger position.

You will have to accept, however, that you'll never get back much of the money you've spent, which is just why many members on here end up de-modding their cars when they sell them.

PJ

ADRIAN FLUX maybe??? I got a quote for mine a little while ago it was about £500 i will find out what company cant remember off the top of my head...:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom