Where to get replacement W124 Central Locking pad and ignition key

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aviationartist

When I bought my W124 200TE a year ago, it only came with one key. It has always been on my mind to try and get another one for obvious reasons, but I'd also like to try and get a second remote pad as it's rather knackered.

Any ideas would be gratefully received

Not sure how to load a picture as I'm using the phone app, but it's a simple rectangular black box, about 8mm thick with one small rubber button (almost mushed to nothing) and one small red LED

Are the below pictures any help?
Dec
Image… Scorpion Volkswagen 1 Button Remote Control Alarm Key Fob Tested Working OK | eBay
$_57.JPG

mXM2D5MlqzG4dQeWvInFvaA.jpg

Image… 1991/92 Mercedes 190E ? help please with resetting alarm - PistonHeads
BgLsmule.jpg

Dec, yes that first one is the one I have. Thanks

It’s likely that your alarm fob is a Scorpion, it’s probably not possible to get another but no harm in trying. You could try Scorpion Alarms to see if the can help… Scorpion Automotive - Supplier and manufacturer of vehicle security alarm systems and mobile communication Interfaces - Contact Us

A good locksmith can cut a spare key for the ignition.

If you could find another one button fob that’s in good condition on eBay, or from a scrap yard, then you could swap over the internal PCB and button from your worn fob.

attachment.php

1. Lock/Unlock
2. Panic button turns on siren.
3. Battery indicator.
4. Round key to turn ON/OFF alarm.
5. Tactile switch under both buttons.
6. 12v Battery.
7. Don’t know what this screw dose it could be a distance or radio frequency adjuster, best left alone.
8. 3 pin socket for factory programming.
9. Slide switch;
In one position it turns OFF alarm internal motion sensors and indicators flashes 2 times.
In opposite position it turns ON alarm internal motion sensors and indicators flashes 3 times.

Operates on radio signal no infrared.

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom