Where To Go From Here....

• Thread starter Deleted member 37751
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The very best of luck to you.

SPX ive just come across a lovely old sprinter recovery truck that will be on ebay in the next few days... Its a 99T with the 2.9 diesel... really solid old thing with a nice bed and new winch... will be priced at around £3500 if of any interest.

Thanks Jay, but I've sorted a 416 CDi already.

Good luck but be absolutely sure you're doing the right thing by going in with someone else - it's all too often a recipe for disaster.

I know what you mean, I've seen it happen before.

The difference here is that we are both a bit 'ying & yang' and we get on very well.

Couple that with the fact that I'm a bit green where business knowledge is concerned, yet he knows all the ins and outs that I don't/won't understand, it will make for a good business partnership.

Thank you for the concern though. :thumb:

You're not starting a wheel-clamping operation are you ??

Yes, specifically aimed at clamping young women or old people who've been parked for seven minutes too long.

Seems strange reading this thread again, but I thought I'd give you all an update because I joined this forum at roughly the same time as I started my business and the two run parallel;

Business is good, so good in fact that I'm expanding (not my waistline) my operations into different parts of commercial vehicles.

We're going to be getting a recovery truck and also looking to move to a more prominent site.

I'm also going into business with someone that I've known for a while but the timings never been quite right for both of us and now it is. He's more 'business-minded', whereas I'm more 'sales-minded' if that makes sense.

The flip-side to this is that I'll not be around much from in a few weeks time but I'll make sure I check in as often as possible.

Good for you.

I'm just about to do the very same thing, go into business with a friend I've known a long time - But I'm the business head - he's the sales guy.

Working with someone is good as yoou get a second opinion and someone to bounce ideas off who is absolutely involved.

Every business I've started has needed large capital investment, had staff, premises, big overheads. I'm just doing the complete opposite now and putting a Cabin up my back garden to work from home with as little overhead as possible.

Always keep a check on your overheads, those items can kill a good business.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Good Luck. I do mean that.

Clearly you have a head for this sort of thing. Its about the last thing I would want to do, favouring convience and relative lack of stress of a job and a boss, but the world needs people like you to go out there and be enterprising.

Onwards and upwards Lee - good for you.

Just be mindful (as touched upon very slightly already) that partnerships mean two decison makers, not one. Make sure the model is properly set up legally, to protect you and yours in the event of unforseen circumstances.

Good luck. new c63 on order??

No, if/when I'm looking at cars at £60k+ I'd only look at misters cars like the E63 or ML63. :devil:

It's a while away yet though, I don't want to spend it before I've got it...;)

Onwards and upwards Lee - good for you.

Just be mindful (as touched upon very slightly already) that partnerships mean two decison makers, not one. Make sure the model is properly set up legally, to protect you and yours in the event of unforseen circumstances.

Thanks John.

My partner and I make a good team, he knows my strengths and I know his etc.

Put it this way, I'll be able to take the business on to a whole new level with him on board...;)

Well done man. All things retail are tough but we will survive.

Good luck but be absolutely sure you're doing the right thing by going in with someone else - it's all too often a recipe for disaster.

It was at the back of my mind when i read these posts and they've even proven prophetic. :(

I'm back on my own again now, the aspects that I thought this partner would/could add to push my business on have not turned out how I'd hoped. I was doing most (probably 90%) of the work and as I'm not a bus, I don't carry passengers. I'm on it from the moment I wake until the minute I go to sleep, he's a bit of a nine till five kind of guy.

It's been a clean break, so there'll be no fun and games.

A bit sad that it didn't work out, but that's business; I am too much of a control freak business-wise to not be the boss 100%.

It was at the back of my mind when i read these posts and they've even proven prophetic. :(

I'm back on my own again now, the aspects that I thought this partner would/could add to push my business on have not turned out how I'd hoped. I was doing most (probably 90%) of the work and as I'm not a bus, I don't carry passengers. I'm on it from the moment I wake until the minute I go to sleep, he's a bit of a nine till five kind of guy.

It's been a clean break, so there'll be no fun and games.

A bit sad that it didn't work out, but that's business; I am too much of a control freak business-wise to not be the boss 100%.

Onwards and upwards (and in total control).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom