Where to stay / go in Liverpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st13phil

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
Me and the missus fancy a long weekend in Liverpool. She's never been there; I spent a few hours looking around the docks redevelopment area about 15 years ago and that's what fired my interest in going back for a stay. Unfortunately, the sum total knowledge of the place we have between us is approximately zero (other than the main historical facts, of course).

So, any suggestions of where to stay (best areas, recommended hotels, etc) and things to see / do while there? We fancy doing some of the touristy things like the Beatles stuff as we're both children of the sixties, but other than that we're open to suggestions. Recommendations for restaurants and bars also gratefully received.

Hello

Not sure on hotels as never stayed but there is one that was on the TV a while back for a series again I forget the name but it looks ok.

I think there is also a brand new Mariot on the docks which will be close to where you want to have a look round.

Duck boat tour looks good, go round town in a bus thing (yellow) that floats.

The new shopping centre is very very good, having not been to Liverpool for quite a while its changed a lot !! some great shops and a huge John Lewis.

Think you have just missed the superlambbannas but they may be some around to look at. The Cavern is worth poping in and I think its Cannal street? for the clubs?

Some nice eaterys around the docks.

I'm sure others will add much more.

OOh and a big merc dealers...

About a dozen years ago, I spent a year working two days per week in Liverpool.

I don't have any recommendations.

Sorry Liverpudlians - it was a while ago! :)

That tricky Where To Stay question

I would have thought Southport was sufficient distance:D

I would have thought Southport was sufficient distance:D

My place is just outside Southport - well within striking distance of Liverpool for the Beatles etc. Great local pub for food, country views, peace & quiet.

Moderator - am I allowed to plug my business? If not, please remove link.

Woodlands Park - cottage apartments to rent www.breakawayuk.com

I think if you have not been to Liverpool in recent months you will be supprised. I was.

Yes its use to get bad reports etc but its come on a long way. There is a whole new shopping area and the docks looked better than I remember.

We have had a couple of very good days out there so don't knock it unless you have been recently.

About a dozen years ago, I spent a year working two days per week in Liverpool.

I don't have any recommendations.
There's always one smart-****, isn't there :D

malmaisson hotel. rhianna stayed there.
thistle hotels

sas radisson -

Lord nelson, -- paris hilton stayed there

sir Thomas hotel -fernando torres stayed there
devonshire hotel.

avoid adelphi hotel

where to go .night life- mathew street, flares, mosquito,the cavern, arena,
shoping, liverpool one, speke retail.

What to see. echo arena , beatles tour, maritime museum. art museum , albert dock, sefton park, historic ships birkenhead,
knowsely safari park

avoid , anfield ,walton , huyton, page moss

Last edited:
If you are into museums/art etc. the centre of Liverpool has some splendid examples (including some wonderful Rossetti's) There is also a branch of the Tate Modern (load of old Pollacks :D ) and a Maritime museum on Albert Dock.

Also some splendid concerts there including the Liverpool Philharmonic.

Finally, don't forget that Liverpool has TWO cathedrals

Great place and great people

For someome who wants to spend just a weekend with limited time to see things, i just thought not much places of interest there

But where else can you get a set of bricks as a straight swap for your alloys?

Some of those areas, even the wheely-bins are on bricks...... :D

But where else can you get a set of bricks as a straight swap for your alloys?

Some of those areas, even the wheely-bins are on bricks...... :D
You are probably right! But at least the vast majority of the thieves work hard to get the wheels off, at least they leave the cars. In Southport, The crooks don't have to work so hard in Southport! Most people there are stupid enough to leave the keys in the cars for them!:D

Last edited:
In Southport, The crooks don't have to work so hard in Southport! Most people there are stupid enough to leave the keys in the cars for them!:D

The last time I did that was in a kn******d company Vauxhall Chevette - overnight, outside a nightclub in Liverpool.

B****y car was still there next morning - obviously scouse car thieves have taste!

The last time I did that was in a kn******d company Vauxhall Chevette - overnight, outside a nightclub in Liverpool.

B****y car was still there next morning - obviously scouse car thieves have taste!
LMAO.gif

What do you call a scouser in the back of a Merc? The deceased!

What do you call a scouser in a suit? The accused!

(or my favourite -)

Q- 2 scousers in the back of a white Vauxhall Corsa - who's driving?
A- The arresting officer.

Last edited:
Great city, me mam's from Huyton :)

Have a look at the what's on stuff, isn't there a huge spider crawling about at the moment?

Get the ferry cross the mersey (no really) :D

Ade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom