Where Would I Buy An Extension Lead For This?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
hi my speed camera detector has a "power adaptor" style power input. I need to extend this so i can route the wire around the car's trim for a neat installation.

anyone know where i can get an extension lead for it? its the plug that looks similar to below (like a normal power adaptor u get with Walkmans etc)....

wire4st.jpg

thanks!! :D

the other option if you cant find on is to split the existing cable and add extra cable - just ensure you split it somewhere so that the joints can be hidden in yr installation process

fred_raven said:
the other option if you cant find on is to split the existing cable and add extra cable - just ensure you split it somewhere so that the joints can be hidden in yr installation process

thought of that but don't really want to cut the cable. however i may opt for this as it would be the easiest solution.

id just splity the cable.

My valantine 1 is the best at this trick. Every connection os a 4p4 RJ11

makes for very easy connections :)

fuzzer said:
id just splity the cable.

My valantine 1 is the best at this trick. Every connection os a 4p4 RJ11

makes for very easy connections :)

yeah i think i will just split the cable up.

reason for my problem - the BMW has 2 rear cig lighters. the front one is too much on display for constant use and looks difficult to remove trim to "hard wire " it in. plus the car's electrics (fibre optic) are a home-job nightmare so i dont want to fiddle.

my plan is to put it into the rear cig lighter and then route the cable under the carpet/trim right up onto the dash where the wire will be revealled again so i can plug in the detector. should look pretty neat. the detector's cig lighter plug is pretty small so isnt on show much in the back and is out of the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom