Where's best place to get a trim without paying dealer prices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

will lam

Car
jeep grand cherokee
Hi

Am looking for the trim that's on a drivers and passenger side front seats. Anyone know anywhere to get them from without paying dealers prices

Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 50
Dealer is often much cheaper than other sources and surprisingly cheap at that for more obscure parts like trim. It's the consumable items that seem to carry the excessive prices.

I called my local dealer and they wanted £64 a side

When I need something minor like this I search eBay for "mercedes *** Breaking" and email them for it. The ones that have individual listings for the items are 9 times out of 10 more expensive.

£17 2 years ago when I kicked mine off.

Did you give them the part no.?

Id actually head down to a dealership and show them to make sure they quoted for the correct part.

No I sent the picture as when I brought the car they were already missing so I don't have the item number

I've found they are actually quite rubbish at reading their own system so you need the number to be sure they are looking at the right bit for the right car.

You can find this for yourself by checking on one of the Russian hosted copies of EPS, search for a link on the forum as it's been posted several times. You'll need to enter your VIN to get it to load the right parts for your car, quite legit that just how it works. Google translate will do good enough job to find your way around and you can then work out exactly what you'll need.

As well as the main part number you'll also need the colour code which will be something like 7E94. When you have that you can check the price on Inchcape's online parts site which Google will also provide you with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom