Where's Ed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tonygw

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 CDI AMG Blue efficiency diesel
Anybody know where Ed China has gone off youtube?
He hasn't posted a video since before Christmas and I looked forward to Friday evenings with Ed and a rusty Range rover.

Prob filming his next series.

They werent very good IMO. the game has moved on and he hasnt. Much better content out there...

(I used to love WD back in the day also)

Yes, I was wondering the same. Although, IMHO, I did feel that it was getting a bit laboured in the last few episodes. I wonder if the sponsors have taken their ball back?

I'm really enjoying Salvage Rebuilds UK on YouTube. Those 2 guys are producing some really interesting (IMHO) programmes of their projects.

Rob and Chris on salvage rebuilds are very good.

I like Ed and I’ve met him at some classic car shows. He comes across as a genuine guy who knows his stuff however I don’t think he’s a real natural for today's tv.

He would’ve been brilliant back in the 60’s or 70’s but he’s too old school.

Reactions: JHS
Yeah I did enjoy his series. It always showed the details missing in other content.

However I am a big fan of salvage rebuilds. They are producing some great content. It is very interesting and i am learning an awful lot. I would certainly buy a car off them as their standard of work is really top draw stuf.

I noticed on YouTube earlier today that Ed had done some half hour thingy on a Range Rover which was dated 6 months ago , so he’s still knocking around
Edit , I just re read the first post , oops :rolleyes:

I like Car SOS but here is a lot of fake crud that goes with parts sourcing etc. I would like to see more of the repair work rather than Tim pretending to be somebodies mate to get a discount etc..

Its a nice program though. If Ed's really gone to that team fair play. Sure he will fit in fine. (apart from him being 12 feet tall) I was looking forward to seeing more on the range rover repair he was doing on youtube though, guess that wont happen now..

Just watched him doing a gearbox fluid drain on a really dirty RR , some shocking coloured milky fluid that came out !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom