Where's George Smiley when you need him?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
He wasn't exaggerating when he said basic components then ...

The problem is they honestly do not understand, what the big deal is, and simply don't have a concept of a rule of law, only fear of punishment for breaking one.
Trying to explain to them, why one would adhere to the rules, when there's no chance of being caught and reprimanded, is all but impossible - this is from personal experience.

Inspectors back UK in spy poisoning row

The international chemical weapons watchdog has now confirmed the UK's analysis of the type of nerve agent used in the Russian ex-spy poisoning. The Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons did not name the nerve agent as Novichok, but agreed on its identity with Porton Down. The OPCW does identify the toxic chemical by its complex formula but only in the classified report that has not been made public. In its summary, the report notes the toxic chemical was of "high purity" implying it was made by a State Actor and not "home made" by some fringe group.

I'm glad I was sat down for that revelation!

Who'd've thought it.

First interview. Only sign of her ordeal- intubation scar on her neck.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I watched the interview earlier and I think they stated it was intubation as grober states.

Tracheotomy is used for long term intubation ...

Tracheotomy is used for long term intubation ...

Indeed but as they mentioned intubation, I presumed they meant it was a short-term thing whilst she was in the proverbial.

Some reports that they may have come into contact with an abandoned container in Queen Elizabeth Gardens in Salisbury which may have been used in the original attack

Hi,
I reckon it was “Magpie syndrome”.
According to reports, they were two recreational drug users and she lived in a shelter for the homeless.
I reckon they were in the park together and came across an interesting shiny object (that was left over from the original Skripal poisoning and missed in the subsequent cleanup operation).
It could have been a pen, mobile phone or something that caught their eye.
As novichok does not apparently break down over time - any nerve agent remaining on the surface of the object that they touched, ate or drank from would be as potent today as when it was left there a few months back.
Police will now be desperately trying to see what object they interacted with.
Cheers
Steve

Will be interesting to hear what the Russian Ambassador comes up with this time. Maybe an anti-Russian publicity stunt to detract from the feel good factor of the World Cup or did someone at Porton Down leave the window open again ;)

Will be interesting to hear what the Russian Ambassador comes up with this time. Maybe an anti-Russian publicity stunt to detract from the feel good factor of the World Cup or did someone at Porton Down leave the window open again ;)

They'll stick to the line that they had nothing to do with the original incident and have nothing to do with this one. 'We don't have and haven't made or authorised the use/deployment of any nerve agents'.

Amesbury0407d.jpg

The new victims had visited the Queen Elizabeth Gardens in Salisbury on Friday night. The Skripals were also known to frequent the park and may have visited prior to their collapse?

Wiltshire couple exposed to Novichok 'leftover from Salisbury attack'

This will have an adverse effect on Salisbury, peoples will have no confidence in visiting the place now.

Maybe another strike to cast doubt on the original attack / motive and make it seem more like a random thing rather than targeted.

Maybe another strike to cast doubt on the original attack / motive and make it seem more like a random thing rather than targeted.

Unlikely.

It just restokes the whole situation - and there is the risk of even greater fallout. And a risk that the perpetrator is fully exposed.

Unintended fallout from the original attack is more likely. Though that raises the question as to who exactly undertook it as you might expect the original perpetrators to make sure they covered their trail with no litter, debris, or other evidence.

I don't think the Russians would want the bad publicity right now either with the world cup.

So my guess - unintended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom