wheres the dipstick?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
B

BIG G CLC 200

just bought this car last week and went exploring in the engine bay but i cant for the life of me find the dipstick silly question but does my car have one? dont have a handbook at th moment. thanks 2009 merc clc200 cdi auto

Oil level

Current mercs oil level is checked electronic on display check handbook it should explain how to check or purchase dipstick from mb (service tool)or cheaper from SEALEYS TOOLS about £40

Your car is probably equipped with electronic oil level check. This is mainly to protect Diesel engines from being over-filled with oil, which can destroy the engine. If you have too little or too much oil, a message to that effect will pop-up on the instrument cluster display.It is also possible to check the oil quantity from the Operating System, but you will need to look-up the exact location and menu sequence.

Incidentally, these systems can be over-sensitive, which is why main dealers usually under-fill the engine oil on purpose (i.e. around half-way between the Min and Max, if you had a dipstick...). Customers used to complain about messages regarding having too much oil as the oil expands when hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom